High Performance Computing DevOps Engineer
At AstraZeneca we are treating Scientific Computing as a strategic asset underpinning our advances in science. Leading-edge research strategies critically depend on best in class Computing capabilities and enthusiastic engineering teams supporting them.
The Scientific Computing Platform is AstraZeneca’s state-of-the-art computing environment to tackle todays and tomorrows in-silico challenges. It strongly focuses on a platform concept, building capabilities and services around central building blocks. At its heart it uses 3 compute environments, a classical InfiniBand/Slurm HPC cluster, an Openstack private cloud as well as various public cloud for elasticity and scale. To exploit these resource pools most efficiently, the SCP is deploying strong DevOps tooling and cloud native technologies. It aims to adjust and adapt according to changing requirements and follow the science.
The engineers and architects in the SCP team are key to continuously deliver and support this critical capability.
Desired Skills & Background & Experience
- Hands-on experience working in a DevOps teams and using agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience of using configuration management (e.g. ansible, salt, puppet) and technology frameworks (e.g. easybuild) in IT operations
- Scripting and tool development for HPC & DevOps style platform operations using bash and Python
- Operation and configuration of public cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Managing a virtualized private cloud environment (e.g. OpenStack)
- Container technology (e.g. LXD, Singularity, Kubernetes)
- Demonstrated development experience with a variety of programming languages, tools and technologies (Java/C++, Python/Ruby/Perl, SQL, AWS) is a plus
- Evidence of hands-on experience operating, architecting or engineering large-scale computing environments, such as HPC, HTC or BC, preferably Life Sciences (e.g. Pharmaceutical Industry, BioTech) is a plus
- Providing scientific software support for end-users: configuring, installing, tuning and maintaining such software is a plus
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computational, Physical or Biological Science, Engineering or equivalent area is a plus
- Overall 4 Years of experience
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. AstraZeneca is one of only a handful of pure-play biopharmaceutical companies to span the entire value chain of a medicine from discovery, early- and late-stage development to manufacturing and distribution, and the global commercialization of primary care, specialty care-led and specialty care medicines that transform lives.
Our primary focus is on three key areas of healthcare: Cardiovascular and Metabolic disease (CVMD); Oncology; and Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity (RIA). We are also active in the Infection, Neuroscience and Gastrointestinal (ING) disease areas.
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world-renowned pharmaceutical brand!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.