High Performance Computing DevOps Engineer
Required Skills & Background & Experience
- A good understanding and hands on experience of using Linux and Windows platforms.
- Hands-on experience working in a DevOps teams and using agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience of using configuration management (e.g. ansible, salt, puppet) and technology frameworks (e.g. easybuild) in IT operations
- Scripting and tool development for HPC & DevOps style platform operations using bash and Python
- Managing a virtualized private cloud environment (e.g. OpenStack)
Desired Skills & Background & Experience
- Operation and configuration of public cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) is a plus
- Understanding and experience in supporting applications in Container Platforms (e.g. LXD, Singularity, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Demonstrated development experience with a variety of programming languages, tools and technologies (Java/C++, Python/Ruby/Perl, SQL, AWS) is a plus
- Evidence of hands-on experience operating, architecting or engineering large-scale computing environments, such as HPC, HTC or BC, preferably Life Sciences (e.g. Pharmaceutical Industry, BioTech) is a plus
- Providing scientific software support for end-users: configuring, installing, tuning and maintaining such software is a plus
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computational, Physical or Biological Science, Engineering or equivalent area is a plus
- Overall 4 Years of experience
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.