Sr. Manager, Insights
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
Global Insights Overview
The Global I&A organization focuses on four key responsibilities:
- Uncovering deep understanding of patients, markets, stakeholders, competitors and brands to drive competitive advantage
- Being a collaborative and strategic partner that provides objectivity to inform better decision making
- Providing recommendations based upon future-oriented insights and opportunities
- Providing an independent view in decision-making bodies with an external perspective, and a future-oriented insights and early warning intelligence.
Global I&A core capabilities are comprised of:
- Insights – interpret patients, HCP, payers, performance data and more to shape the competitivity of our brands, inform better investment decision making and understand the implications for AstraZeneca
- Competitive Intelligence – hold an externally focused view to understand how competitor actions will impact AstraZeneca and the implications they will have on clinical trial and global commercial strategies
- Analytics & forecasting – strong ability to quantify strategy and support decisions with data
Global I&A uses these capabilities to drive decisions by valuing potential assets and shaping winning clinical and commercial strategies.
As the I&A Manager/ Sr. Manager you will be accountable for developing and communicating actionable insights that effectively shape brand strategy and tactics based on a combination of primary research and secondary data across key customer targets (i.e. Patient, Physician, etc.). In this role you will be required to design, execute and analyze qualitative and quantitative market research as well as demonstrate critical thinking skills to support the brand team in building a strong strategic business plan.
This role will be required to manage external business partners/vendors and consultants, but will not have direct reports. Keys to success in this position are excellent communication, consultative and influencing skills predicated on a strong foundation across a range of primary market research experience coupled with secondary data analysis proficiency.
This job requires 15-20% travel for research.
Candidate Focus and Challenge – Job Description
- Work closely with the Consumer Marketing team to manage market research design (Qual/Quant) and execution (including vendor/project management when appropriate) with minimal supervision
- Collaborate with the Consumer team to identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight
- Support brand team promotional plan & programs and ensure consistency of measurement in alignment with brand strategy.
- Provide brand and market evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Develop and maintain market research budgets
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process
- Leverage/apply AZ insight best practices as appropriate
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Commercial or Science related degree
- 5+ years primary market research experience, at least 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Results-driven Consumer insights experience or relevant experience supporting a Consumer Marketing team
- Consumer marketing experience with paid, owned and earned media
- Experience with audience segmentation and content strategy
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for brand teams that result in a business decision or action
- Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with common statistical analysis and techniques
- Ability to navigate large volumes of information and synthesize to what’s most important and actionable
- Ability to manage a fast pace and demanding workload
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills, including leading a variety of projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
- Budget management
- Strong PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.