Sr. Director, CVMD & Renal Sales Force Operations
At AstraZeneca we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big, and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are a transformational leader, swift to action, confident to lead, eager to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you are ideally suited for our team.
The Senior Director, CVMD & Renal Therapeutic Area Lead is a critical member of the Sales Force Operations, CVMD TA, and Renal TA Leadership Teams. This role is responsible for leading a team of commercial operations professionals in support of both HQ-and field-based sales teams within the BBU organization. Areas of functional accountabilities include sales force sizing, alignment and targeting, reporting, analytics, incentives, and CRM. This leadership role reports into the Head and Executive Director of Sales Operations, and is based at our Wilmington, DE site, headquarters for our US Biopharmaceutical Business Unit.
Translation of Strategy into Operations
- Collaborate with leadership teams to create and execute fully aligned operational support of TA strategies.
- Build and maintain a deep understanding of the science, our customers and key partners, and ability to use this knowledge to design promotional strategies that drive sales volume, market share, and profitability.
- Integrate sales strategies with high-performing cross-functional teams to adapt the go-to-market strategy according to local market conditions.
- Determine the level of resources required to execute business strategies as part of the budgeting process and with the assistance of dedicated Finance, and Analytics support.
- Provide an independent view in decision-making bodies with an enterprise mentality.
- Create and maintain an inclusive and patient-focused culture built on AZ’s Values & Behaviors.
- Lead a team of operations professionals to deliver high quality, customized services and daily support for CVMD and Renal Therapeutic Area teams.
- Build best-in-class sales operations teams and foster our “Great Place to Work” initiatives through partnerships with TA teams, enabling functions, and third party BPO partners.
- Ensure all team roles have updated succession plans and all team members have customized, current development plans to grow both our early and mature talent to maximize engagement and retention.
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors, with accountability for budgeting and daily operational oversight.
- Undergraduate degree required
- Minimum of 10 years commercial pharmaceutical experience
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Track record of attracting and developing talent and building high performance teams.
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize insights from a variety of sources to offer strategic guidance.
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Proven ability to collaborate across functions and levels
- Operations experience is highly desirable
- Experience with syndicated (IQVIA) and specialty data is a plus
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.