Global / US Insights, Sr. Manger
The Global I&A organisation focuses on four key responsibilities:
- Uncovering deep understanding of patients, markets, stakeholders, competitors and brands to drive competitive advantage
- Being a collaborative and strategic partner that provides objectivity to inform better decision making
- Providing recommendations based upon future-oriented insights and opportunities
- Providing an independent view in decision-making bodies with an external perspective, and a future-oriented insights and early warning intelligence.
Global I&A core capabilities are comprised of:
- Insights – interpret patients, HCP, payers, performance data and more to shape the competitivity of our brands, inform better investment decision making and understand the implications for AstraZeneca
- Competitive Intelligence – hold an externally focused view to understand how competitor actions will impact AstraZeneca and the implications they will have on clinical trial and global commercial strategies
- Analytics & forecasting – strong ability to quantify strategy and support decisions with data
Global I&A uses these capabilities to drive decisions by valuing potential assets and shaping winning clinical and commercial strategies.
This role is based in our global Respiratory Insights & Analytics team and will be responsible for the generation of insight and analytics for anifrolumab. As the Insight Manager you will be accountable for developing and communicating actionable insights that effectively shape brand strategy and tactics based on a combination of primary research and secondary data across key customer targets (i.e. Physician, Patient, Nurse, etc.). In this role you will be required to design, execute and analyze qualitative and quantitative market research as well as demonstrate critical thinking skills to support brand teams in building a strong strategic business plan. This role will be required to manage external business partners/vendors and consultants, but will not have direct reports. Keys to success in this position are excellent communication, consultative and influencing skills predicated on a strong foundation across a range of primary market research experience coupled with secondary data analysis proficiency. This job requires 15-20% travel for research.
Candidate Focus and Challenge – Job Description
- Manage market research design (Qual/Quant) and execution (including vendor/project management when appropriate) with minimal supervision
- Lead Competitive Intelligence within the TA
- Provide brand and market evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight the actionable insights combined with business implications/strategic & tactical options
- Identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight
- Develop and maintain market research budgets
- Maintain effective relationships with contractors and other third-party vendors through oversight of the vendor management process
- Leverage/apply AZ insight best practices as appropriate
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Science or commercial related degree
- 5+ years market research experience, at least 3 years in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strategic and critical thinking with the ability to engage, build and maintain credibility with Commercial Leadership Team.
- Demonstrated ability to pull together insights from a variety of sources and develop strategic guidance for brand teams that result in a business decision or action
- Strong business and marketing acumen and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with common statistical analysis and techniques
- Familiar with common sources of epidemiology and approaches to market sizing/assessment
- Ability to navigate large volumes of information and synthesize to what’s most important and actionable
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills, including leading a variety of projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills and time management; ability to manage diverse range of simultaneous projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Budget management
- Strong PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel experience
- High degree of creativity and innovation in developing new approaches, processes and methodologies
- Experience in leading insight for a specialty product with knowledge of specialty pharmacy and buy and bill distribution and tracking
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.