Senior Clinical Finance Business Partner
Senior Clinical Finance Business Partner
Hybrid Model: 3 days per week from office
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
Finance at AstraZeneca has a clear vision to drive growth through innovation by being trusted partners who add value through connection and innovation in support of the company’s purpose and ambition:
We’re trusted partners: we are more than an enabling function or service provider, we’re a true and trusted partner who works with the business to unlock value for our stakeholders and patients.
We’re connecting: we connect with each other across geographies - breaking down silos and acting as one team. Our leaders are connected to our people. We leverage ideas, systems and data, connect knowledge and create actionable insights and predictions.
We’re innovating: we identify new opportunities to introduce, adopt or modify effective ideas to solve problems. We find solutions to both existing challenges and anticipated changing needs. We use innovation to simplify, to make a bigger impact and to give us a competitive advantage.
We’re adding value: We know what it takes to deliver value, a laser focus on our strategic priorities and key enablers.
This role is set within R&D Finance team supporting global Science Units and development of new medicines.
Role will give detailed exposure to our core business & provide an incredible learning ground and experience.
Your main accountabilities will include:
- Supporting early & late stage products through their development by providing the financial input into budget tracking and for specific decisions, explaining changes & variances vs forecast each month.
- Cooperation with the Clinical Product Team to ensure robust financial forecasts throughout the annual planning cycle.
- Proactive and insightful analysis that helps the Clinical Product Team improve efficiency or reduce costs.
- Building strong relationships with the Product Team, clinical study leaders, directors of clinical development, external partners, procurement & within finance.
- Through strong understanding of business priorities, identifying & driving cost saving opportunities within the business.
- Being able to communicate clearly to finance & non-finance professionals verbally & via presentations for key decision points and business or finance review meetings.
- Delivering regular trainings to global clinical study leaders.
Specialised Reporting, Analysis & Controls
- Ownership of specific accounting and system processes,
- Accounting compliance and driving audit controls.
Improvements & Team Responsibilities
- Constantly sharing best practice and learnings across the team to ensure consistency & efficiency in ways of working.
- Identifying improvements and value adding examples & implementing them in a coordinated way across the team and the Product Teams.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- University Degree preferably in Finance, Accounting or Economy
- Experience in financial analysis or finance business partnering
- English language proficiency, both verbal and written (Polish fluency is not required)
- Microsoft Excel – advanced skills
- Ability to quickly learn financial applications
- Exceptional communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience of partnering with business functions outside of finance
- Experience with financial & SOX controls
- Previous experience in the use of SAP, Business Objects and Hyperion (or similar) will be an asset
- Proactive & taking the initiative
- Entrepreneurial thinking and spirit
- Building strong, trusting relationships
- Adaptability and flexibility to deal with changing environment
- Team player
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Capacity to see and understand the bigger picture
- Attention to detail
- Eagerness to learn and continuously improve
Please note that we are working in a hybrid model of 3 days per week from the office in Warsaw
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.