Medical Advisor Oncology
We are AstraZeneca, one of the world’s most forward-thinking and connectedBioPharmaceuticalcompanies. With a strong purpose, an even stronger bond between each of our people and a science-led, patient-first attitude, we’re changing the future of medicine and the impact it can have on lives across the globe. Are you ready for a challenge?
Currently we are looking forMedical Advisor responsible for:
- positioning AstraZeneca as a leader in Oncology by driving excellent launches, building close collaboration and partnerships with stakeholders in health care systems, and developing high- performing teams
- improving the lives of millions of people by ensuring that our innovative products reach the patients with proven benefits in line with the approved label. Medical Affairs activities in relation to our medications is key to make meaningful differences to patients.
The position is a hybrid role, comprising office based with engagement in external activities and travelling across the Poland region. Medical Advisor is a medical affair professional with excellent scientific understanding and knowledge in oncology. Medical Advisor is a scientific leader and is responsible for parts of our Biologic portfolio.
- is responsible for outlining medical strategy and Medical Activity Plan for oncology portfolio.
- acts as a resource to team members and peers as they continually build their own individual scientific knowledge.
- Is responsible to plan and execute medical activities in line with business needs and according to medical activity plans. Supports with medical expertise cross-functional brand teams at all phases of life-cycle of managed products
- is responsible for development of science stories and medical material to be used in the field by Medical Advisors most commonly adapted from global material
- provides on regular basis medical trainings for field-force teams
- engages in in-depth medical and scientific product or disease area discussions and presentations in a non-promotional scientific context with our key external experts.
- Is responsible for delivering high quality medical information from his/her core area (oncology) to external stakeholders
Medical Advisor demonstrates collaborative cross-functional working relationships with internal stakeholders.
Medical Advisor reports into the Medical Affairs Department to the Oncology TA Lead.
Minimum experience / qualifications / skills
- Master’s Degree in life sciences or a related discipline
- Excellent knowledge of clinical practice within oncology (desired)
- Experience in product launch or strategy development and execution
- Experience of working in a cross-functional team
- Demonstrated expertise in discussing scientific content and context to a variety of audiences
- Excellent knowledge in English language
- Excellent understanding of the pharmaceutical industry, health care systems. at least 2 yrs medical affairs experience.
- Driver’s license required
Preferred experience / requirements
- Medical Doctor
- Advanced scientific degree in life sciences or a related discipline
- Clinical and/or research experience within oncology
- 3 years or more of experience from medical affairs
- Strong leadership and management capabilitie
Join AstraZenecaand help us deliver life-changing medicines.Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the world’s leaders in biopharmaceuticals.APPLY!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.