Scientist/Senior Scientist – Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation, Oncology Bioscience
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Oncology Bioscience- Epigenetics and Transcription Regulation, Waltham, MA
We are building our team in the exciting area of epigenetics and have multiple in vitro lab-based bioscience positions open in Early Oncology R&D. We are seeking highly motivated and skilled scientists to join this group. As an In VitroScientist/Senior Scientist, you will use your technical and scientific expertise to help build our epigenetics platform through identification and validation of novel epigenetics targets, execution of novel CRISPR screens, and leading efforts in assay development, compound profiling and characterization of the mechanism of action of epigenetic therapies. Additionally, you will play a key role in supporting current epigenetic projects while collaborating with scientists across multiple functional groups. Your efforts will contribute to the delivery of candidate drugs that you may continue to work on in the clinic.
These may vary depending on the position.
- Lead efforts to identify and validate novel epigenetic targets
- Design and execution of in vitro proof of concept studies to support the characterization and development of candidate molecules
- Analysis, interpretation and presentation of data
- Maintenance of laboratory records, protocols, summaries, and reports
- Collaborate productively with medicinal chemists, discovery biologists, NGS scientists and bioinformaticians to integrate preclinical data
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Cell Biology or equivalent
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Experience with cancer biology and in vitro assays. Experience in epigenetic profiling studies desired
- Demonstrated proficiency in data processing and management
- Adept at managing multiple priorities in an efficient and organized manner
- Excellent track record of ability to work in a fast-paced team environment, with strong communication, organization, efficiency and leadership skill
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.