Proteomics Scientist, Chemical Biology Group
As a Proteomics Scientist you join the AstraZeneca interdisciplinary state-of-the-art Chemical Biology and Proteomics team. Your main responsibilities include sample preparation and LC/MS-based quantitative proteomics in support of drug discovery projects, as well as maintaining and developing methods for Orbitrap mass spectrometers. You must be highly detailed oriented, organized, and able to work on complex problems. Hands-on experience with LC-MS/MS of proteins and peptides and experience in proteomics sample preparation for mass spectrometry are a plus, but not required.
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to discover, develop, manufacture and market prescription medicines that make a positive impact on the lives of patients as well as their families and communities. At AstraZeneca, our vision is redefining cancer, redefining our solutions to cancer and restoring patients' lives. Our mission is to make a meaningful difference to patient health through great medicines that bring benefit for patients and add value for society.
In addition to our passion for the discovery of innovative new medicines, we understand the importance of flexibility in our work-life environment and we offer a wide variety of benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources they need to pursue not only their work goals but also their life goals. We are dedicated to building strong research teams that embrace the diversity of talents of team members and allow the larger group to grow and learn together to accomplish our collective goal to improve human health.
The Proteomics Scientist – Chemical Biology will be accountable for specified aspects of the chemical biology strategies according to the project objectives that include:
- Preparation of samples from cells and tissues to support proteomics studies including protein digestion, isobaric tagging and peptide purification.
- Operation and maintaining multiple mass spectrometers as well as troubleshooting of state-of-the art Orbitrap mass spectrometers and nanoLC systems
- Analysis and interpretation of proteomics study results to collaborating scientists.
- Attending and participate in meetings for setting mass spectrometry operational priorities.
- Ability to work independently but also to succeed in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Will require at minimum: BS or MS in chemistry, biochemistry, or biological sciences with 2+ years of relevant experience.
The ideal candidate should be/have:
- Experience in conducting method development for HPLC and/or mass spectrometry
- Knowledge of statistics, proteomics bioinformatics software, and mass spectrometry databse search algorithms.
- Have desire to develop or evlauate innovative and relevant MS-based proteomics technologies.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and organizational skills.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.