Service Operations Associate - Shanghai
ABOUT THE ENTERPRISE TECHNOLOGY SERVICES TEAM
The Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is accountable for all Infrastructure, Security, IT Operations and all End User Services and technologies. This group will ensure that our IT Services are seamless and secure, and that technology is delivered in an efficient, effective, and agile way, with a strong focus on experience.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO
The role of Service Operations Associate is to work as part of a regional team of IT professionals focused on AZ IT service continuity through use of technologies providing observability, proactive monitoring and alerting to manage the health and availability of the IT infrastructure, applications and services. The team will work with the tools, data and alerts to prevent the occurrence of unplanned outages and spot anomalies with the aim of taking preventative action or instigate speedy investigation to minimise business disruption. For their shift window, as part of a 24/7/365 service, they will support all priority incident investigations to appropriate processes and standards, they will also support the accurate handover to the next shift. The role holder will remain compliant with processes of Incident, Major Incident, Event and Problem Management during and post the incident investigations including bridge calls.
The Service Operations Associate will be supporting daily service in the Command Centre areas, including:
- ServiceOperations: From shift handover support the Service Operations local Team with the daily activities for the Command Centre Service including supporting further analysis of priority issues with end-to-end thinking and monitoring of all updates per incident and managing daily tasks. Ensuring all incoming priority incidents from Service Desks are being actively worked upon enabling speedier resolution. Check that all relevant knowledge and updates are included in ticket during the handover to ensure the resolution continues at pace.
- Major Incident: during such an event provide any support required for the smooth operation until service returns to normal.
- Communications: ensure that updates about outgoing communications have been captured/recorded in the relevant incident tickets and readily available as needed for daily ‘pulse’ calls or any escalations for information.
- ServiceManagement: Adhere to the ITSM processes of Incident, Major Incident and Event management at all times and foster that culture in others across the teams. Awareness of Problem Management and checks/balances that all incident that require Problem Management are followed-on appropriately.
- Technologies: Participate in the use of daily monitoring and alerting information supporting proactive approach to issues.
- ContinuousServiceImprovement: supporting the Command Centre Team Leads to identify any areas within the day-to-day running of the Command Centre for improvements or automation of administrative tasks. Highlight any lack of information in knowledge articles or CMDB inaccuracies to ensure any gaps are closed.
Function / Team / Location / Stakeholders
- The IT Service Operations Associate will be a member of a Command Centre Regional Team and reports to the Service Operations Manager.
- The Command Centre service is 24x7x365 in a shift pattern to ‘follow-the-sun’ of a given business day and may require some unsociable hours of work during critical issue management and handovers.
- The key stakeholders for this role are:
- Regional MIM & Monitoring Leads
- ETS Operations Teams
- Global Service/Application Owners
- Remote Channel Service Leads e.g. Service Desks
- Site IT Technical Teams
YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE
- Fluent in English written and spoken.
- 2-3 years’ experience of working in a responsive IT Service support organisation.
- ITIL Foundation level knowledge, particularly Incident & Problem Management
- Customer focused and able to support global teams.
- Strong team working skills and information sharing skills.
- Attention to detail, thoroughness and end-to-end thinking for ticket management and information.
- Experience in supporting issue management.
- Experience of using Command Centre technology solutions, including ServiceNow or similar ITSM Toolset.
- Ability to be open, honest and support a collaborative team environment.
WHY JOIN US
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact. Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If you’re interested in applying, we encourage you to apply using your completed Workday profile where possible.
Open Date: 29 / 10 / 2021
Close Date: 19 / 11 / 2021
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.