Associate Director Business Planning and Operations
- Management of China Development Operations Leadership Team meetings: agenda planning, facilitation, minutes, process embedded to increase meeting efficiency
- To serve as a delegate for the Head of Development Operations R&D China specific tasks or activities.
- Provision of robust and succinct business information to China Development Operations Leadership team, to support decision making
- Works with the China DevOps Leadership team to document and communicate the strategic goals of business processes, change management and continuous improvement for DevOps R&D China
- Manages the business performance of DevOps R&D China including scorecard development, metrics and reporting
- Manages the feasibility process for Development Operations R&D China
- Manages the FTE and capacity process for Development Operations R&D China
- If delegated by the Head of DevOps R&D China, sits on necessary BPO network groups and member of DevOps capacity management team (lead by BPO)
- Lead complex problem-solving projects in Development Operations R&D China and other organizations in R&D units if agreed by China Development Operations Leadership Team.
- Requires regular contact with persons of influence and in decision-making positions within AstraZeneca globally.
- Requires a high level of cultural sensitivity, interactive communication, negotiation and effective collaboration. This necessitates considerable tact, discretion and persuasion to obtain desired outcomes while maintaining ongoing professional relationships.
- Defines, implements and monitors the business processes and leads process improvement and change management projects within DevOps R&D China
- Takes on additional responsibilities or other roles such as study manager or line manager, or key global/local assignments as agreed with China Development Operations Leadership Team.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University degree (or equivalent)
- Significant experience from within the pharmaceutical industry or clinical research organization.
- Extensive knowledge of clinical trial processes and pharmaceutical drug development process, conducted internally, or through vendor partnerships, at various phases of development.
- Ability to apply strategic direction to a team or project and generate new strategic options
- Extensive knowledge in project management skills, specifically leading cross functional teams
- Experience working with Senior-level stakeholders
- Strong strategic influencing and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills, including the ability to solve problems that involve many decision makers, build relationships, and develop multiple options/recommendations
- Extensive networking skills, ability to interact widely and effectively both internally and externally
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, negotiation, facilitation, collaboration, conflict management and interpersonal skills
- Excellent collaboration skills required – needs the energy to work across global & functional boundaries both internally and externally
- A high level of cultural sensitivity,
- A clear demonstration of behaviours of
- Truth seeking rather than success seeking
- Agile responsiveness to scientific data
- Embracing of peer review
- Agnostic to internal-external sourcing
- Experience in clinical trials
Key stakeholders and relationships
- Head of DevOps R&D China
- Leadership Team in DevOps R&D China
- Team Leaders/Line managers in DevOps R&D China
- Business Planning and Operations group for capacity management, reporting & communicating and business data
- Dev Ops Risk and Quality Manager
- Business Planning and Operations from other functions in R&D China or DevOps R&D Biopharma and Oncology.
- Vendor partners
- External professional and regulatory organizations
- Key external experts
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.