This role provides management support to the following areas within Medical Organization:
- Analyses information to determine project requirements.
- Provides advanced data science expertise to AstraZeneca projects and recommends data science solutions.
- Delivers advanced data science solutions to AstraZeneca projects, appropriately communicating with non-technical stakeholders.
- Works within established frameworks to deliver a variety of tasks that support projects in meeting their objectives.
- Independently keeps own knowledge up to date and learns from senior team members, proposing appropriate training courses for personal development.
- Reviews working practices and ensures non-compliant processes are escalated
Ensures own work is compliant within Clinical Development
NATURE & SCOPE 工作性质及范围
(a) Organization structure 组 织 机 构
- Functionally reports to 功 能 汇 报
Associate Director of Medical External Collaboration
- Operationally reports to 运 作 汇 报
Associate Director of Medical External Collaboration
- Position title of subordinates/ Number of subordinates 下 属 的 岗 位 名 称 及 人 数
(b) Key working relationships / 主要工作关系
- Internal contacts within AZ / 内 部 联 系
- China Medical Affairs organization
- China BUs
- China Commercial and Diversified Channel
- China Corporate Affairs and Market Access
- China GMD
- Global Medical Affairs (GMA) and international region Medical Affairs
- Medical Affairs in key markets, e.g. US, Japan, EU
- External contacts with organizations outside AZ / 外 界 联 系
- Research institutes
- Government agencies, e.g. CFDA, CDC
- Healthcare organizations (HCOs), e.g. medical associations, scientific foundations
- Technology companies, e.g. companies in artificial intelligence and/or big-data management
(c) Job requirements /工作要求
- Academic / Professional qualification / 学 历 / 专 业 资 格
- rigorous quantitative science (such as mathematics, computer science, engineering)
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Communication, business analysis, and consultancy.
- Technical / skill training / 技 术 / 技 能 训 练
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Cross functional coordination experience
- Healthcare media experience is preferred
- Working experience (No. of years / 年 资, Job function / 工 作 功 能, Business types / 业 务 种 类 )
Essential 必 需
- At least 2-year experience in data science working related
- 2-year experience in medical affairs functions, marketing or strategic consulting within the pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Proven track record of delivering strategic initiatives within timeline and budget constraints
- Ability to integrate teams to work in a complex cross-functional model
- Proficient in oral and written communication (English)
Desirable 理 想
- Scientific external collaboration experience with other pharmaceutical MNCs
- Language ability / 语 言 能 力
- Chinese fluency
- English fluency
- Computer literacy / 电 脑 知 识
- Fluent user in MC office & Outlook
- Others / 其 他
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES 主要职责
Project appraisal 30%
- Analyze information to determine project requirements.
- Provide advanced data science expertise to cross-functional AstraZeneca projects and drive delivery of advanced data science solutions in high pressure and high impact situations.
- Develop novel data science solutions where off-the-shelf methodologies do not fit.
- Independently propose and drives new data science projects that drive value to AstraZeneca.
- Drive development and adoption of new tools and methodologies within the data science team and B&I.
- Coach/mentor within GMD to drive the development of data science as an AZ capability.
- Publish work to ensure that AstraZeneca drives the data science agenda in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop best practice to ensure that data science work is delivered to robust quality standards.
- Ensure own work is compliant within Clinical Development.
- Key appraisal to IPMRC and have helped several projects with scientific aim to launch each year
Data project establishment 30%
- Lead key big data related projects, drive project progress and ensure timely and quality delivery. Responsibilities may include:
- operations analysis
- feasibility studies
- development of work or implementation plans
- formation of work groups
- consider the IP future from very beginning
- Replicable collaboration project management model (for both AZ and external partner) established
- Project budget under control in line with budget plan
Collaboration deliverable value maximization 20%
- Progressive expanding project deliverable value, for both AZ and external partners, with good alignment with MA functions and MC functions
- Quantified or semi-quantified value analysis (e.g. cost saving of 2nd data mining compared with traditional clinical trial) and presentation
- Medical external collaboration value book on an annual basis with high quality endorsed by MA LT
- Deliverable tools can be applied by and bring value to cross-functional teams
Internal & External communication 20%
- Develop the targeted communication plan targeting both internal and external stakeholders and implement it with high quality
- Internal and external project/project deliverable promotion event design and execution with high quality
- Communication plan (internal & external) with high quality delivered for each key project and endorsed by line manager
- AZ medical external collaboration initiative media exposure with high q
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.