Purpose of the Job
An internal and external facing medical role that provides medical and clinical expertise in priority therapeutic/disease areas and builds AZ scientific leadership. Participates and contributes with medical and clinical expertise in design of LCM and Brand Strategy. Takes leadership in implementation of Medical Plan/ activities in alignment with Brand strategy. Ensures that the Medical Activities meet the needs of patients and customers. Engages Opinion Leaders in ESRs, scientific exchange meetings and advisory board meetings. Defines and delivers training on Medical background of the product or various functions in an organization. May take responsibility as Nominated Signatory medical reviewer for activities and promotional materials. May take responsibility for mentorship of MSLs in the country. May lead Medical Information and Pharmacovigilance within a particular market.
Medical & Scientific engagement for internal and external stakeholders
1. To establish AstraZeneca as a scientific leader through proactive, updated and effective Medical input
- Continuously acquire and update necessary scientific knowledge on therapeutic area and relevant compounds.
- Develop and implement the local medical plan to address unmet medical needs in priority disease areas and ensure alignment with the brand plan.
- Collaborate with MSL to seek input from MSL insights for development of local medical plan.
- Develop and implement pre-launch medical plan/activities for new products at least 2 years prior to the planned launch in the country to address key clinical and scientific challenges
- Provide medical leadership on faculty and content development for medical programmes including national congresses, advisory boards, scientific exchange meetings, publications to meet identified needs
- To ensure that the Medical Information provided both to external and internal customers is timely, relevant, accurate and scientifically balanced
- Provide local medical expertise to local area/regional brand teams
- Provide medical input to phase 1 to 4 study protocols, study feasibility and support operational delivery
2. To engage scientific leaders, professional bodies or societies to establish AZ as a scientific leader
- Field enagememt with the highest priority HCPs and key external stakeholders engagement
- Share emerging data with HCPs, discussing all aspects of the data in a scientific, objective and balanced way
- Disseminate results of studies completed to medical community by translating their clinical values and incorporating into business strategies
- Attend relevant scientific congresses and HCP meetings to gather new knowledge on AZ compounds, competitor information and therapeutic area
- Conduct professional scientific communication or presentation (become chairperson/presenter when necessary) with key opinion leaders (prominent
- Liaise with local investigators and the External Sponsored Research organization to support research initiatives.
- Internally communicate competitive intelligence
3. Generate the medical evidence to support the brand strategies in priority TAs to meet unmet medical needs
- Idea generation of the company sponsored clinical research
- Oversight and accountability of the operation of the studies
- Initiate research discussions, for example NIS, with customers to develop studies that will fulfil global and local business strategies. (May as part of the review team conduct initial assessment of any ISS proposals) Participate as key member of brand team as strategic partner towards LCM actions including potential business development opportunities
- Develop NIS or registry studies to address unmet medical needs.
- Developing partnership with KEEs in order to develop their capabilities of conducting medical studies
4. Provide medical expertise to shape regulatory environment to achieve rapid and high quality market access of AZ products including new registration, new product evaluation and life cycle
5. Defines and delivers training on Medical background of the product for various functions in an organization as required
Governance and ensuring overall adherence to processes and regulation (include but not limit to patient safety, clinical trials, promotional activities, etc …)
A medical degree with specialization is preferred.
- Medical/Scientific knowledge in the Respiratory therapeutic area is preferred.
- Interest in a long-term career in the pharmaceutical industry
- Fluency in English is required
Desired skills or requirements
- (Qualified Doctor )MD and Ph.D.. in a scientific discipline
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.