Tax Business Analyst (GFS Americas)
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Global Financial Services (GFS) was formed in Q3 2018 through the merger of Global Finance Operations, Integrated Finance Solutions and Cash Generation. GFS is at the heart of the Finance function - accountable to the AstraZeneca (AZ) Group for the design and delivery of high quality, simple to operate transactional finance processes that enable our customers to focus on AZ’s strategic priorities.
The creation of the Global Financial Services (GFS) centers in Warsaw (Poland), Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) and San José (Costa Rica) will transform the AZ Middle Office to a central function, supporting the business regions through simplification, standardization across the globe, and a structure that is scalable to support the bold ambition of becoming a $50bn company by 2025.
We have exciting opportunities to join our GFS Center in San José, which will establish best practices and be responsible for providing support to embedded finance (CFOs and country business partners and or BPs in Manufacturing).
Finance Analyst Controlling / Tax, you will be working in a team of 8-13 analysts approximately to provide support to financial controlling activities spanning Transfer Prices, Tax Support, Balance Sheet Governance, execution and monitoring of SOX/Financial Controls, among others.
For commercial regions in controlling you may also be expected to support the Country Controller and any other relevant client in ensuring that statutory reports are submitted to authorities on time and collect necessary data for external auditors and prepare other statistics and central bank reporting requirements.
- Transfer Prices Management (New SKUs Calculation + Annual Studies Leadership).
- Tax Support / Income Tax, VAT and WHT – Templates Fulfillment (From Tax 3rd party), Informative declarations, etc.
- Local Requirement Support – Such as Electronic Accounting, questionnaires, etc.
- Balance Sheet Reconciliation – Tax Accounts.
- Business Support (External & Internal Audits).
- Tax Accounting - General knowledge and understanding
- SOX or Equivalent (Financial Control Framework) – Control Owner for those processes related to Taxes.
- Country Controller Business Partner
- Regional Scope / LATAM Commercial Markets
- Collaboration with Global Tax Project.
- Among others.
- Experience of finance and accounting is required. Self-motivation and a commitment to team work are key.
- A recognized finance or accounting qualification. Bachelor, Licentiate (Licenciatura) or Master Degree. Degree level will be taking into consideration for job offer proposal.
- 3+ years accounting/controlling/Taxes
- SAP – FIN.
- Cross boundary experience including building relationships remotely and cross-culturally.
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams.
- English Language proficiency, both verbal and written, with the confidence to express clear opinions
and ability to explain financial issues to non-financial management.
- Accounting fundamentals.
- Reasonable understanding of General Accounting Principles (IFRS desirable)
- Tax Accounting / General understanding.
- Transfer Price Process.
- Executive reporting (power point presentations).
- Excellent PC skills including SAP, BW & Excel skills.
- Proactive, results oriented and independent collaborator.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Team player.
- Ability to work Independently.
- Communication skills.
Other Role Requirements
- Schedule flexibility to work on holidays when necessary.
- Flexibility and Ability to travel and work in another AZ facilities outside the country when necessary.
- Schedule flexibility to work on the days off given by the wellness Policy when necessary (Política de Bienestar).
- Qualified finance professional, or working towards a recognized financial qualification.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP.
- For Commercial unit’s experience of working in Sales/commercial industry.
Internal and External Contacts/Customers
- The GFS function will interface with the Back Office Shared Services function, Business CFOs/Finance Business Partners and 3rd party specialist functions.
According to the company policies, the candidate must prove that there are no situations that generate a conflict of interest (COI) for the company. The non-existence of COI is considered as an objective requirement of the position. To know beforehand the weightings of COI contained in the policies of the company, consult the Human Resources Department.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.