Operations Computing Services- Technical Analyst
Operations Computing Services- Technical Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Computing Services in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? If so, AstraZeneca might just have the job for you! Join us at a crucial stage of our journey in becoming a digital and data-led enterprise.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven BioPharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialisation of prescription medicines for some of the world’s most serious disease. But we’re more than one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies.
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
ABOUT OUR IT TEAM
Here our work has a direct impact on patients – transforming our ability to develop life-changing medicines. We empower the business to perform at its peak and lead a new way of working, combining cutting-edge science with leading digital technology platforms and data. All with a passion to impact lives through data, analytics, AI, machine learning and more.
It’s a dynamic and challenging environment to work in – but that’s why we like it. There are countless opportunities to learn and grow, whether that’s exploring new technologies in hackathons, or transforming the roles and work of colleagues, forever. This is your chance to be part of a team that has the backing to innovate, disrupt an industry and change lives.
ABOUT THE ROLE?
The Operations Computing Services Technical Analyst delivers a range of interrelated onsite specialist service offerings, adhering to the technical strategy and direction provided by the OCS Services Lead, to delivers effective solutions that meet customer and business needs.
The role is accountable for the End to End Resolution of technical issues whilst operating within required quality and compliance standards.
Focus areas include Incident resolution, Architectural review and consultation to new system implementation, support and consultation to business customers, Small change or service introduction coordination and local application specialism.
The role holder will be required work across all functions of the Business and Corporate IT as well as with service delivery partners and local Business Analysts to ensure optimal service delivery is achieved.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED?
- Delivery of specialist IT technical support to the Operations estate which includes Formulation, Packaging, Manufacturing, Quality and Compliance Systems, Laboratory and Weigh and Dispense functional areas.
- Consultation with customers to support and balance the needs for effective system management which includes agreeing planned and unplanned periods of downtime to minimize the impact to business operations.
- Performs work activities covering technical and quality aspects on relevant systems working to identify the route cause and resolution of technical issues.
- Absorbs complex technical information and communicates effectively at all levels to both technical and non-technical audiences. Assesses and evaluates risk. Understands the implications of new technologies.
- Working as part of a global team, consistency and best practice across the factory operations estate in line with global standards.
- Assists the user community in provision of transition support and change planning and liaises with project and service teams. Assesses risks inherent in proposed system changes, from a technical, service and architectural perspective to ensure system continuity.
- Accountable for ensuring delivery of OCS Service Catalogue items including identification and clarification of service elements, scope of service and role of service within OpsIT.
- Operate within the confines of the approved AstraZeneca incident management tool, ServiceNow, to ensure accurate and up to date reporting is achieved.
- Contributes to the successful delivery of the Operations Computing Service Improvement Portfolio. Works with the System Owner and the service delivery teams to maintain their system management plan in accordance with local regulatory and compliance policies.
- Ensure OCS supported systems have properly maintained patched and anti-virus levels.
- Owning the maintenance of the configuration management data for relevant OCS supported systems.
- Owns IT relationship management with the local Automation and Engineering teams. Need to be able to translate between IT and Business requirements.
- Support- specialist computing devices such as- specialty printers, scanners, scale to laptop configurations, etc.
- Tracking all locally-managed projects, reporting on monthly delivery scorecards, provide visibility of all locally delivered OCS projects.
- Local Service Introduction activities including the delivery and update of local system support models, analysis of new services and systems to ensure all support partners are correctly aligned, and ownership of the service acceptance criteria for local laboratory and production systems
Local application management- acting as focal point for all aspects of management of local applications including: development and maintenance of system lifecycle plans, application rationalization, overall support and guidance to system owners.
Candidate Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- The candidate should have good working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, as well as relevant systems and automation understanding.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Evidence of previous influencing, networking and team working skills
- Proven track record with at least 5 years’ experience working in an IT Technical support and delivery role
- Experience in laboratory instrumentation and manufacturing Automation systems would be beneficial
- Candidate must be able to operate in a time-critical environment
- Awareness of Quality and Compliance principles, Good Manufacturing or Good Laboratory Principles (GMP, GLP) is desirable
- Ability to work well in and across diverse regional and global teams
- Understanding of Basic network engineering principles. While not directly responsible for supporting the infrastructure, must have a good understanding of how systems and relevant components work together.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Information Science, or equivalent degree is preferred but not required. We will hire self-taught engineers without a formal education given that you have evidence of rich history of software engineering.
WHY JOIN US?
We’re a network of entrepreneurial self-starters who contribute to something far bigger. There’s a diversity of expertise in our Technology group that’s unique to AstraZeneca – it allows us to dive deep into
exploring new leading-edge technology. We enable AstraZeneca to perform at its peak by delivering world-class technology and data solutions, unlocking the potential of science. We optimise and evolutionise AstraZeneca by maximising efficiencies and finding new ways to drive productivity. From automation to data simplification.
A place to be open and transparent – we speak up, think creatively and share ideas. Our diverse contributions help us to make better decisions. But we have a constant drive to innovate, and an appreciation for high standards. It takes challenging the status quo to add value in our ever-evolving environment. We love it here because put simply, we make a meaningful impact.
Technology at AstraZeneca is a home for purposeful disruptors!
SO, WHAT NEXT?
If reading the above has tickled your senses and you’re ready to join us, hit the apply button and we look forward to reviewing your application soon.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.