Regulatory Affairs Director - Oncology (New York City)
Are you a strategically focused Regulatory professional and would like to play an integral part in bringing life changing Oncology medicines to patients? If you are please read on...
At AstraZeneca work with diverse minds, all united by a shared passion to learn, grow and discover.
Within Oncology Regulatory Science and Strategy (ORSS) we bring hope and solutions to patients with unmet needs across the globe. As Regulatory professionals working on Oncology products, we work in areas of unmet need and take innovative regulatory approaches to bring life-changing treatments to patients. We work across our pipeline and the business to get medicines to patients as efficiently and effectively as possible.
The Regulatory Affairs Director (RAD) provides strategic and operational regulatory leadership to the development, commercialization and life cycle management of assigned product(s). You will serve as the global regulatory lead (GRL) on early stage projects or specific indications of larger programs, or as regional regulatory lead. You’ll contribute significantly to overall product and clinical strategy. The role plays a key role influencing regulatory authorities through regular contacts to improve regulatory outcomes. The RAD leads cross-functional teams in major regulatory submissions (NDA, IND/CTA), health authority interactions, label discussions, and securing NDA/BLA approvals. As a GRL, the RAD leads the Global Regulatory Strategy Team (GRST) in formulating Global Regulatory strategy and delivering on NDA Filings and Approvals. Alternatively, as a regional regulatory lead, the RAD is a member of the GRST and is accountable for providing the region-specific Regulatory strategy and advice. The RAD serves as the face of the company with health authorities.
Typical Accountabilities, what you will be doing:
- Accountable for leading the development and implementation of the regional or global regulatory strategy for a product/group of products. Ensures that the strategy is designed to deliver rapid approval with competitive labeling in keeping with the properties of the product(s) and the needs identified by the business, markets and patients. This includes health authority engagement strategy and considerations of expedited regulatory programs.
- Lead cross-functional Teams in major health authority interactions. This includes setting the strategy and planning for the interaction, driving the formulation of the briefing document focused on strategy and scientific content, leading the team through meetings rehearsals, and moderating the meeting itself.
- Lead a Global Regulatory Strategy Team (GRST) of key contributing members from the regions, emerging markets, RA CMC, Labelling and members of the submission and execution team. Participate in coaching, and performance feedback to members of your GRST.
- May (depending on role and project) represent Regulatory Affairs on Global Product Teams (GPTs) providing strategic Regulatory advice and be accountable for all Regulatory activities
- Accountable for the delivery of all regulatory milestones on your team including assessment of the probability of regulatory success based on a thorough assessment of regulatory risks and mitigations. Lead preparation of the regulatory strategy document and target product labeling.
- Demonstrate strategic leadership skills contributing to effective product development. Provide team leadership and participate in coaching, and performance feedback to members of the GRST.
- Accountable for initiating and delivering key regulatory documents and plans and leading the negotiations with health authorities.
- Lead the objective assessment of emerging data against aspirations and update senior management on project risks/mitigation activities.
- Ensures appropriate planning and construction of the global dossier and core prescribing information led by the respective teams. Accountable for product maintenance, supply and compliance activities associated with marketed brands.
- Partner with marketing companies (countries) and regional regulatory affairs staff to influence developing views/guidance.
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- An advanced degree in a science related field and/or other appropriate knowledge/experience.
- Previous demonstrated experience of regulatory drug development or equivalent, and experience with major Health Authority interactions. Prior experience with phase 3 design including end of phase 2 health authority interactions is desired. Contribution to a regulatory approval including leading response team and labelling negotiations would be a plus.
- A solid knowledge of regulatory affairs within at least one therapeutic area in early and late development.
- Demonstrated competencies of strategic thinking, strategic influencing, innovation, initiative, leadership and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to think strategically and critically and evaluate risks to regulatory activities.
- A good understanding of guiding principles in drug development such as benefit/risk profile, dose selection or statistical design.
- Broad background of experience working in pharmaceutical business and prior experience in several areas within regulatory affairs. Experience in relevant therapy area (small molecules & biologics) is preferred.
- Ability to work strategically within a complex, business critical and high-profile development program.
- Critical thinking on current global regulatory science questions and good understanding of the corresponding scientific and clinical components
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants.COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
Location: New York City, NY
Closing Date: 31st December 2021
Next steps, if the role looks suitable to you please apply!
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=e
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.