Divisional Sales Manager – Immunology – Northeast (NYC, Boston & Hartford)
We need phenomenal people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re passionate about what science can do to make a difference to patients' lives and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life. As a District Sales Manager – Immunology in Northeast, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives. North American Commercial is the ‘face’ of AstraZeneca to our many healthcare clients. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals.
AstraZeneca holds an outstanding position in respiratory disease, including asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF), with a range of differentiated potential medicines in development by leveraging novel combinations, biologics and devices. The pipeline also has a number of promising assets in inflammatory and autoimmune diseases within areas such as psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, systemic lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.
What you’ll do
- You will provide inspirational leadership and strategic direction to the Biologic Sales Specialists (BSS) in order to achieve performance objectives; this is accomplished by achieving field day requirements and through effective coaching, mentoring and utilization of resources aligned with interpersonal vision.
- By developing people, you will drive business by observing your BSSs’ interactions with key customers, providing him/her with individual mentorship and feedback to develop them for success in current role and for future growth.
- As a role model and a liaison, you will encourage dedication, trust, partnership and motivation for the shared vision by facilitating team communication, morale and efficiency within your own work unit and/or cross functional teams.
- You will actively seek to discover and meet the needs of internal and external customers by establishing links, identifying strategic business opportunities and delivering innovative solutions. You will manage multiple priorities and resources related to individual and group efforts. Take responsibility for redirecting efforts as needed to deliver high efficiency and quality of work from self and others.
- You will be asked to demonstrate strong business ethics, understand basic business principles and interpret resources available to make sound business decision to help achieve standards of business excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 to 5 years of Pharmaceutical Sales Leadership experience
- 5+ years’ experience with success in pharmaceutical sales or healthcare sales
- Rheumatology experience
- Proven leadership capabilities, financial management and written and oral communications skills
- A valid driver’s license and safe driving record
- Preference for candidate to live within market, which includes the following US States: NYC, Boston, Hartford
- Exposure and/or experience in other functional areas of the business (e.g. Sales Training, Customer Solutions, Sales Operations, Managed Care and Marketing)
- Demonstrated presentation and negotiation skills
- Working relationships with top Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
No company relocation assistance provided (this will be added as determined by HM/Recruiter)
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.