Supply Planner / Supply Chain Coordinator (SCC) - External Supply and Manufacturing (ESM)
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working.
At AstraZeneca, we are united by a common purpose: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines. Every single day, we make a difference by delivering potentially life-changing medicines to millions of people globally and by leading breakthrough science that promises to transform the treatment of disease.
External Supply and Manufacturing (ESM) supports the Operations strategy by establishing and handling suppliers across the world that meet our global standards. Through external suppliers, the team manages approximately one third of AstraZeneca’s value of production. ESM plays a key role in ensuring the external supply chains are robust and deliver value to AstraZeneca through driving continuous improvement.
We are looking for two supply chain professionals to join our dynamic EHS team, as a Supply Planner / Supply Chain Coordinator (SCC) to be based in Macclesfield UK/Södertälje SWE or Wilmington US. One permanent position and one fixed term contract (12 month).
As a Supply Chain Coordinator you incorporate the conventional activities associated with end-to-end supply to customer. The supplier relationships range from buy only to contract manufacturing for Raw Materials, APIs and Formulated and Packed products, located across many different countries and are supplied to customers across all regions. Your work is performed in a global high-paced environment, with strong focus on cross-functional collaboration. With a high number of internal and external contacts requires the ability to be flexible and constantly prioritize and make assessments on where time best is spent, to operate effectively in the role.
You will operationally coordinate supply of products in alignment with our customer’s demand and agreed stock levels, following the process for the agreed supply method (VMI/CMI), ensuring stock levels are in line with RBU. Process customer orders, raising purchase orders to suppliers in line with contractual requirements and receipting stock on delivery from suppliers. Further, you will act as the primary point of contact with suppliers/customers regarding demand, supplier’s ability to meet demand and day-to-day delivery plan. You represent the customer/supplier/product in the relevant control room to ensure issue handling and resolution without impact to supply.
Also part of the role:
- Work with the customers to create a clean demand picture to achieve robust supply plans and clean orders for execution
- Be responsible for the accurate maintenance of systems master data within a given portfolio and for accurately measuring and reporting key performance indicators
- Part of your role will be to ensure consistent delivery with the EHS supply management framework i.e. one way of working across the organization regardless of geographic location or portfolio
- Be involved with SOX compliance, i.e. ensuring all stock audits, stock reconciliations and account management controls are completed accurately, ensuring transactional activities are carried out in line with DoA and with Segregation of Duty principles and actively contributing to external supply projects and work streams
Essential for the role
You need 2+ years in Supply Chain Environment (Manufacturing, Planning) SAP knowledge. Understanding of different planning techniques (Sub Contract, Buy Only, Sell & Buy-Back). Understanding of different supply methods (VMI/CMI, difference between Supply and Demand Planning). You have the ability to work on own initiative and make decisions, you can multi task and prioritize many projects or initiatives. Needed is also excellent communication, team working skills and cultural awareness. You are also:
- Commercially aware
- Comfortable in defining new processes and seeking to continuously improve existing processes
- Able to rapidly adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Confident engaging with partners at all levels
- Proficient in using key Lean Tools & comfortable owning problems and seeing them through to a resolution
Desirable for the role
- A degree or equivalent in Business, Logistics, Sciences or Engineering is preferred, equivalent experience will be considered
- Experience in participating in the S&OP process
- Commercial experience is a plus SAP and APO user
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, ground-breaking methods and bringing unexpected teams together.
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table, excellent! We have one seat available, and we hope it’s yours.
So, what’s next! Welcome with your application, no later the July 10th. Interviews can be held during advertisement.
Opening date: 2022-06-23
Closing Date: 2022-07-10
Competitive salary and benefits package on offer
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.