Field based position responsible for developing and enabling MSL team to establish scientific leadership of AstraZeneca and build professional relationships with healthcare professionals. Acts as a leader and manager to MSL, providing training to MSL and implementing internal standards and processes. Works closely with the medical and commercial team including sales teams. Contributes to planning and execution of AstraZeneca corporate and brand medical strategies in priority disease areas.
There are 3 levels in MSL managers, people management role, i.e. MSL manager (region), Sr. MSL manager, Medical Affairs AD. MSL manager are expected to have ≥ 2 year Sr. MSL experience and proven record of success. Sr. MSL managers are expected to have ≥2 years MSL manager experience and proven record of success. Medical Affairs AD are expected to have ≥3 year Sr. MSL manager/Principle MA experience and proven record of success.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES / 主 要 职 责
- Recruit the right talent for the role of MSL based on scientific or technical ability, business acumen, communication skills and positive attitude
- Manage and drive MSL’s performance in the following objectives: accurate and balanced scientific data delivery, territory management, MSL customer engagement,customer interactions, programmes and activities
- Conduct one on one meeting/field visit to coach and review MSL’s capabilities.
- Develop fundamental training for development of on MSL’s capabilities initially and sustain trainings (capabilities and/or scientific knowledge) after one on one coaching if needed
- Retain and develop high performing MSLs through ongoing development
Planning and delivery
- Proactively seek regional collaboration with internal and external stakeholders to build up innovative scientific partnership
- Work closely with the Medical Team/Medical Advisors to develop the medical strategy that aligns MSL Plan with Brand Medical Plan and provides support to the sale team or other internal stakeholders
- Resource optimization and organizational effectiveness - Ongoing assessment of MSL team resources to fulfil Brand and KEE requirements
- Define a specific customer engagement plan for self and team that is aligned with Brand Medical Plan including 1:1 customer activity and CME meeting objectives
- Ensure each MSL has their own KEE engagement plan and defined customer goals
- Support MSLs in their external stakeholder engagement by reviewing their pre-meeting objectives
- Track team and individual delivery versus plan and adjust plan accordingly
- Provide regular updates to organization on Delivery versus plan, variance to plan and proposed Mitigation.
- Share insights from customer activities with organization in a timely and consistent manner
- Develop behaviors leading to enhanced effectiveness as outlined in MSL Manager’s Competency definitions
- Communicate, develop and role model AZ culture and AZ Values & Behaviors
- Develop individual and team accountability
- Identify areas for self-development and discuss developmental needs with line manager using the 70-20-10 principle (experiential learning, coaching/networking/relationship-based learning and class room training)
- Attend & actively participate in learning programs, training, projects and meetings (where needs)
Compliance with relevant company and industry code of Conduct and also to comply with local country codes
- Ensure self and team operate within the relevant Codes of Conduct, including GPEI and SOPs
- Ensure self and team understand AZ policies when engaging KEEs and external stakeholders
Qualified to apply for China Merchants Bank Credit Card (Business expenses should be reimbursed through company credit card)
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.