Senior Statistician, Late Oncology
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Statistician you will provides statistical expertise in the design of experimental work and the evaluation and interpretation of experimental results in research projects and clinical trials, referring to more senior Statistical experts where necessary. You will manages own work to schedule/quality and will apply a range of Statistical methods. You will be able to solve complex problems within own area and will participate in multi disciplinary teams.
- Demonstrate independence in providing statistical support for standard design and interpretation of study data
- Under guidance of a more experienced statistician will undertake design and analysis of complex studies, and provide statistical support for broader programs, which may include preclinical studies, complex regulatory submissions or commercialization activities and/or high level internal governance committee interactions
- Under guidance of a more experienced statistician, analyze internal and external information to inform design decisions and the development of decision criteria
- Apply modelling and simulation to inform study design, assess robustness of results etc.
- Develop a Statistical Analysis Plan for study and/or project delivery
- Produce analysis, supporting graphics and analysis tables for standard studies, such as in preclinical or clinical study reports, Global Medical Affairs studies or publications
- Able to interpret, summarize and communicate results of standard studies
- Contribute to the improvement of methodology and provide practical solutions for problems
- Apply statistical methodology to improve the process and delivery activities
- Contribute to the development of best practice to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness
- Accountable for the quality of their statistical work; provide discipline-specific understanding, insight and constructive challenge and self-aware of own development needs
- MSc in Statistics, Mathematics (containing a substantial statistical component), or recognized equivalent to stats MSc
- Competent statistical programmer (SAS and R)
- Knowledge of key technical and regulatory requirements
- Experience of design, analysis and reporting of preclinical or clinical studies in more than one setting
- Communication skills
- Collaboration and team working skills
- PhD within the field
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to problems, problem solving and quality focus
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca has taken critical steps to protecting colleagues, loved ones, and patients from COVID-19 and its variants. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US employees, and weekly PCR COVID-19 testing is required for those who are unvaccinated or have an approved accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.