Senior Director, Oncology Research & Development Strategy
We are seeking a strategic thinker and persuasive communicator to join AstraZeneca's Oncology Research & Development (R&D) Strategy team and lead our efforts within the oncology portfolio. Are you seeking an opportunity to use scientific knowledge and strategic analysis skills to help craft decisions that will have a direct impact on patients’ lives? Then join us at AstraZeneca!
With our ground-breaking pipeline, the outlook is bright. Be proud to be part of a place that has achieved so much, yet is still moving forward. There’s no better time to join our global, growing enterprise as we lead the way for healthcare and society.
We are empowered to be bold, take calculated risks and use our intelligence and courage to always follow the science. This approach has enabled us to successfully deliver 7 new
Oncology medicines in as many years.
What you’ll do
In this role, you will help lead a tumor strategy to coordinate output for AZ Oncology R&D critical results. You will work with cross-functional specialists across research, development, and commercial functions to develop and implement strategies across GI cancers in order to optimize the development of our portfolio of oncology drugs.
To achieve this, it is important that you possess strong analytical and communication skills; as well the capability to formulate cohesive strategic arguments and respectfully challenge a group of experts. This requires effective stakeholder and relationship management skills with the ability to interact and build trusted relationships with all levels of employees, including senior leadership.
The role will require moderate global travel (Medical congress, Advisory boards and key internal meetings).
Strong scientific backgrounds and strategic thinking skills are crucial for the success of the role. Candidates from a range of experiences are encouraged to apply. Examples include, but are not limited to, oncology R&D, biopharma consulting, pharmaceutical investment banking, and more. Ideally, we are looking for someone with experience in identifying and driving key projects and providing researched, verified, relevant information to leaders.
- Guide team through Strategy Process
- Breakdown the problem
- Devise/Organize workstreams to solve
- Integration across matrix organization
- Data sources: Clinical, Translational, CI, Market data
- Multiple GPTs/assets: Early, late
- Other teams: BD, Informatics, cfDNA, ADCs, Cell Therapy, other tumor types
Essential for the role
- Bachelor's degree required
You will have experience in:
- Analysis and fact-based decision-making;
- Working with data and/or a science research/ bio-pharmaceutical environment;
- Understanding of clinical data and clinical trial design;
You will be:
- Able to analyze and conceptualize a strategy with the judgement, and skills to influence, set direction, generate alignment, as well as balance short-and-long-term needs
- Very familiar with the drug development process and vital strategic and commercial touch points
- Highly intellectually capable with agility and resourcefulness;
- Able to influence without authority and establish and maintain credibility with senior audiences
- Resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive; able to prioritize in a fast-growing organization
- PhD desirable
- Experience of setting up short-and-long-term strategic plans
At AstraZeneca we’re dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit. There’s no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. An inclusive culture that champions diversity and collaboration. Always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development.
So, what’s next?
Are you ready to bring new ideas and fresh thinking to the table? Brilliant! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.