Procurement Manager, R&D
As AstraZeneca launches the Growth Through Innovation strategy, we have built a single R&D Procurement group that will support the two new integrated R&D units – Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals (Respiratory, CVRM and INA). These units have responsibility for the value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs. The new R&D structure is crafted to help us build on this proud legacy of scientific contribution, and ensure we are positioned to continue to translate our innovative science into even more life-changing medicines for patients.
You will have accountability for being the Study Procurement Partner of one or more therapeutic areas. Leading both demand and supply side activities. Provides input to long term strategic plans for R&D related categories. Leads customer and supplier relationships to ensure input to Category Strategies that are highly aligned to current and future Business needs and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Planning and oversight of study related contracting.
- Coordinates the implementation of market/ category plans to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver business value in accordance with the strategic plans.
- Supports the Director/ Associate Director in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - to ensure that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future Business need and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Works with relevant Director/ Associate Director(s) to ensure implementation of fully integrated and customer-aligned AZ-wide category plans.
- Works alongside GPS (Global Procurement Services) in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions vital to purchase products and services in congruence with organisational objectives
- Coordinates the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyses and resolves issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advises on contracts and agreements for the supply of complex products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develops, evaluates or manages internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Significant experience in R&D Procurement at a management level
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management and people leadership skills
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Communication skills and ability to influence others
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
AstraZeneca is a leading company in the healthcare industry, with a mission to enrich the lives of others. It’s our business to support healthy living, not only for our patients, but also for our employees. Our benefits program is flexible enough to meet employees’ varying needs, offers valuable choices, and is highly competitive.
Join AstraZeneca and help us deliver life changing medicines. Be among our employees who continue to make us an innovation-driven company that stands firmly among the leaders in Biopharmaceuticals.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.