Omnichannel Analytics, Sr Analyst
Do you have expertise in, and passion for Insights and Analytics in Oncology? Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Omnichannel Analytics, Sr Analyst role in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person.
AstraZeneca’s vision in Oncology is to help patients by redefining the cancer-treatment paradigm, with the aim of bringing six new cancer medicines to patients between 2013 and 2020. A broad pipeline of next-generation medicines is focused principally on four disease areas - breast, ovarian, lung and hematological cancers. As well as other tumor types, these are being targeted through five key platforms - immunotherapy, the genetic drivers of cancer and resistance, DNA damage repair, HER2 and antibody drug conjugates, underpinned by personalized healthcare and biomarker technologies.
This role delivers outstanding analysis and interpretation of omnichannel marketing data from a variety of sources, working with the Sr. Manager of Omnichannel Analytics and the Director of Advanced Analytics to inform and enhance decision-making across oncology brands. This is a hands-on role within U.S. Insights & Analytics that leads the synthesis of complex data to identify actionable strategic and tactical marketing opportunities. The role reports to the Sr. Director, Advanced Analytics.
You will work cross-functionally within the organization and with external agency partners to help enable omnichannel analytics and serve as an expert resource on available marketing data. You will leverage available tools, resources, and the latest advanced analytics methodologies to extract meaningful insights from disparate marketing datasets. Your experience managing large-scale datasets and conducting quantitative data analysis independently equips you with the skills needed to conduct your day-to-day work with minimal guidance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify business needs proactively and build research/analysis with foresight
- Conduct objective quantitative analyses (e.g., message optimization, customer channel preference, etc.) and provide evaluation, interpretation, and communication of results synthesizing key data and insights spanning a host of different sources and types of data
- Work closely with Data Management team members to compile and organize key data sources from multiple marketing channels as well as internal customer profiling datasets, and advise on prospective new data sources to achieve business value
- Serve as an expert resource on the scope, interpretation, and nuances of internal marketing data, with the ability to retrieve and organize large datasets as needed
- Create insightful reports and presentations that clearly and succinctly highlight actionable insights for stakeholders in marketing, sales, and commercial strategy teams
- Identify and drive reporting efficiencies and automations to ensure team members can invest time in addressing high-value business questions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with customer facing teams, internal insights and data science colleagues, outsourced partners, and consultants as needed
- Omnichannel performance/KPI development, tracking, and best practice sharing across functions
- ·Bachelor’s degree
- ·Strong analytics capability / business acumen with ability to understand and interpret information from multiple sources, including marketing, physician, and patient-level datasets
- ·Comfort with ambiguity with the ability to challenge traditional thinking to solve problems
- ·Ability to translate large, complex data sources into actionable recommendations
- ·Ability to report complex findings through simple, clear, and compelling data visualizations, and explain results clearly and succinctly to non-technical audiences
- ·Demonstrated ability to collaborate across groups of diverse backgrounds and skills
- ·Ability to provide informational and analytical support for leadership in a timely and effective manner through seamless integration with other members of Insights and Analytics
- ·Ability to navigate various customer-centric marketing analytics platforms (e.g., Tealium, Adobe Analytics, etc.) to retrieve data, build visualizations, and conduct analyses for stakeholders
- ·Experience working with data from personal and non-personal channels (e.g., sales call and email activities, speaker programs, 3rd party platforms, owned digital media, email campaigns, search, and social)
- ·Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- ·Familiarity with secondary patient-level data sources is preferred (IQVIA, Symphony, Flatiron, etc.)
- ·Pharmaceutical industry or management consulting experience, ideally in oncology
- ·Advanced Quantitative Degree (e.g., Statistics, Engineering, or Economics) or Advanced Marketing Degree (e.g., MBA)
- ·Manage, transform, and analyze data using Python, R, and/or SQL
- ·Manage, transform, and analyze within AWS (S3, Athena, SageMaker)
- ·Advanced data analysis capabilities, such as supervised and unsupervised ML modeling, NLP, multivariate statistical estimation, experimental (A/B testing) design
- ·BI visualization (Qlik, Tableau, etc.)
Our Gaithersburg, Maryland facility crafts life-changing medicines for people around the world. This campus employs more than 3,500 specialists in our field and is only a short drive from Washington, DC. This modern and vibrant scientific campus is the home of R&D and Oncology in the US. Here, we play host to some of the most ground breaking technology and lab spaces, all designed to encourage collaboration and cross-functional science. We believe employees benefit from being challenged and inspired at work. We are dedicated to fostering a culture of inclusion and collaboration.
The Gaithersburg site offers various amenities to help boost efficiency and help keep our employees happy and healthy. This includes a fitness center, employee healthcare clinic, electric vehicle charging stations, dry cleaning, full-service cafeteria and copy center. This is where you’ll find newly-designed, activity-based work spaces to suit a variety of working styles while strengthening collaboration between teams.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.