Global Procurement Manager – Digital Health
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join R&D Procurement, Global Procurement. The position will be located at one of our vibrant R&D sites in Gothenburg, Sweden; Gaithersburg, USA, Cambridge, UK or Warsaw, Poland. This role will be responsible for our Devices and Sensors category and potentially also other related services related to digital health.
As AstraZeneca launches the Growth Through Innovation strategy, we have built a single R&D Procurement group that will support the two new integrated R&D units – Oncology and Biopharmaceuticals (Respiratory, CVRM and INA). These units have responsibility for our value chain from discovery through to late-stage development, enabling rapid acceleration of promising early-stage assets and life-cycle management programs. The new R&D structure is crafted to help us build on this proud legacy of scientific contribution, and ensure we are positioned to continue to translate our innovative science into even more life-changing medicines for patients.
Operating across the two R&D Units is the R&D Digital Health function. The Digital Health Market will grow exponentially over the next 3 years and AstraZeneca would like to leapfrog this area, we have prioritized Digital in R&D as a critical strategic area of focus by 2025, as part of the overall company strategy. Digital Health R&D’s ambition is to transform healthcare, powered by digital, science and collaborations, to deliver the healthcare outcomes and experience that patients care about the most.
The role ensures all sourcing arrangements are successful and aligned to company and area strategy and leads supplier relationships at an operational/strategic level. The role will also focus on business planning, relationship management and reviews of existing supplier arrangements for the entire Device and sensor spend category for all of AstraZeneca R&D. You'll also lead both demand and supply side activities, developing long term plans for the entire spend area.
What you'll do
- Drive implementation of market/ category plan to ensure that the underpinning process improvement and procurement activities deliver the expected business value in accordance with the strategic plans
- Support the implementation of a company wide medical device catalogue for implementation in clinical trials
- Work with cross functional stakeholders on evaluating new devices and implement a market evaluation strategy.
- Support senior colleagues in strategic relationship management (customer and supplier) - ensuring that Market & Category Strategies are highly aligned to current and future needs and that the supply base can support these strategies.
- Work with relevant senior colleagues to ensure a fully coordinated and customer-aligned company wide category plan
- Work alongside our Global Procurement Services (GPS) team in advising on and driving procurement strategies to make decisions necessary to makes purchases in congruence with organisational objectives.
- Coordinate the introduction of new and modified products and services with appropriate departments
- Analyse and resolving issues raised in procurement audit reports
- Advise on contracts and agreements for the supply of sophisticated products and services with new and existing suppliers
- Develop, evaluate or lead internal and external relationships with suppliers and other cross-functional teams
Essential for the role
- Degree level or equivalent qualifications
- Sound understanding of Safety, Health and Environment
- Project management, change management, stakeholder management and ability to influence
- Good working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- Technical expertise in at least one Procurement area or relevant R&D experience
- Interest in digital health and technology that supports this
- Comfort with risk and ambiguous situations
Desirable for the role
- Experience in sourcing of devices, sensors or technologies to support digital clinical trial solutions
- Experience in innovative methods of sourcing
- Experience in working with innovative suppliers and Proof of concepts, pilots to test out new technologies and services
- Critical thinking and relationship leadership skills
- Thrives in a fast moving, innovative environment
If you would like to be a part of something outstanding... APPLY NOW!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.