Director, Global Oncology Training - Above Brand
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have created and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do varied meaningful work which means we won’t just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of creating life changing medicine.
Our vision to tackle cancer is bold - we commit to pushing the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine, transforming the lives of patients living with cancer, and ultimately eliminating cancer as a cause of death. We, at AstraZeneca, have reinvented ourselves and developed a unique, differentiated strategy to fundamentally shift the way cancer is treated.
Our chemical and biological research engines are amazingly productive. Our development agility and speed are record-setting. Our commercial growth is phenomenal. Our opportunities are endless. And our commitment for patients is boundless.
Our success would not be possible without the incredible team of professionals who work tirelessly to make it happen. Our diversity is our greatest strength. With teams made up of talented people from all walks of life – academia, industry, researchers, physicians, patients, etc. – we are able to harness their unique perspectives to think and act differently.
We enjoy the facilities of a large organization, like unparalleled research capabilities, state of the art technology spanning small molecules to biologics, and a footprint in every region in the world. However, our culture is that of a small venture. We have even created the Oncology Business Unit (OBU), focused on eight key markets, to ensure rapid decision making, laser-focused investments, and quick sharing of best practices. Thus, we keep the agility, and risk-taking culture than enable to lead the fast-moving oncology market.
No matter where our teams are based, we share a collective sense of urgency - to defeat cancer and improve the lives of cancer patients. Each and every one of us firmly believes that by delivering earlier stage interventions that have curative possibilities, and by championing the development of precision medicines, based on a deep expertise of biological pathways and target biomarkers, we can redefine cancer treatment and, one day, eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Above Brand Training Director is responsible for partnering with stakeholders to develop the learning strategy that is relevant for our commercial non sales teams as well as developing the right content strategy for above brand needs for our commercial selling teams. These learning strategies are required to be high-quality blended learning programs that span our AZ managed markets account & reimbursement, nurse educators, diagnostics managers, and the field sales organization.
This individual will lead the skill and competency needs assessment to lead the team in developing & delivering robust, impactful training that is aligned with the business leaders’ objectives and strategies. As a key member of the Oncology training team, the Above Brand Training Director will also liaise with other functional areas including brand and sales leadership and with colleagues in other areas such as medical and regulatory affairs to name a few.
The Above Brand Training Director has ownership for the design, development and implementation of curricula from onboarding through advanced programs for all above brand teams (eg. National Oncology Account Directors, Oncology Diagnostics Managers, Oncology Nurse Educators). The Director will also collaborate with other Training Directors, Marketing Colleagues, & others Functional Leaders in order to understand and align on support required for training needs (i.e. market access) and readiness for product and/or indication launches (i.e. diagnostics) . Collaboration with key cross-functional partners is critical to ensure the training strategy and plan are aligned with the business goals, objectives and strategies. Finally the Above Brand Director will be required to collaborate with ex-US leaders in the above brand space to ensure efficiencies & synergies on timely topics that span the globe (i.e. diagnostics training content, workshops, etc).
The Director will conduct on going needs analysis and leverage insights to inform the training strategies. curricula, and just in time assets to ensure that the core training is comprehensive and that they are prepared to handle external market events appropriately . Additionally, the Director will be required to oversee training products and programs, manage a budget, and assess impact of the training programs/events. This role will be accountable to ensure all curricula are properly maintained and approved per AZ policies and guidelines.
- Works directly with internal stakeholders, training managers, US and Global leads to understand current and future learning needs of the business. Responsible for creating the annual training plan that aligns to the relevant BSPs and ensures the necessary resources and supports are available to enable the design, development, and prioritization of impactful learning content & workshops across the above brand space.
- Anticipates market & environment changes and ensures that the annual plan is revised and training programs are created to proactively address those changes.
- Able to successfully collaborate across any related Alliance teams to ensure streamlined planning, innovation, and execution of critical above brand training to support the brands.
- Establishes strong cross-functional relationships across the product, marketing, and existing internal training teams, global & functional partners to evaluate opportunities for scalable global training program for appropriate commercial teams.
- Leads the identification, deployment, and promotion of the most effective and innovative practices across the department; including launches.
- Leads teams to evaluate program metrics as a means of determining training impact in areas for growth and of success.
- Leads team members to achieve a customer-focused and performance-driven culture that supports Innovation, simplification, measurement, and excellence in learning development and delivery.
- Creates synergies across the teams to create cost savings collaboration and to avoid duplication of efforts.
- Demonstrated people leadership to lead business priorities & professional development of individuals through the AZ Performance Development principles
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Minimum of 10 years of a blend of pharmaceutical/biotech/oncology experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of management and management related experience required
- Demonstrated vision around innovation in learning and priorities needed for successful commercial learning and selling skills programs
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Oncology experience with experience in above brand capabilities preferred (i.e. Market Access, Nurse Education, and/or Diagnostics)
- Minimum of 3 years of Training Experience or other specialized role preferred
- Experience in global markets preferred
- Experience with managing copromotion relationships preferred
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on nondiscrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#oncology #theplacetOBU #astrazenecacareers
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.