Director, Global Oncology Training – Hematology
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have created and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do varied meaningful work which means we won’t just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of creating life changing medicine.
Our vision to tackle cancer is bold - we commit to pushing the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine, transforming the lives of patients living with cancer, and ultimately eliminating cancer as a cause of death. We, at AstraZeneca, have reinvented ourselves and developed a unique, differentiated strategy to fundamentally shift the way cancer is treated.
Our chemical and biological research engines are amazingly productive. Our development agility and speed are record-setting. Our commercial growth is phenomenal. Our opportunities are endless. And our commitment for patients is boundless.
Our success would not be possible without the incredible team of professionals who work tirelessly to make it happen. Our diversity is our greatest strength. With teams made up of talented people from all walks of life – academia, industry, researchers, physicians, patients, etc. – we are able to harness their unique perspectives to think and act differently.
We enjoy the facilities of a large organization, like unparalleled research capabilities, state of the art technology spanning small molecules to biologics, and a footprint in every region in the world. However, our culture is that of a small venture. We have even created the Oncology Business Unit (OBU), focused on eight key markets, to ensure rapid decision making, laser-focused investments, and quick sharing of best practices. Thus, we keep the agility, and risk-taking culture than enable to lead the fast-moving oncology market.
No matter where our teams are based, we share a collective sense of urgency - to defeat cancer and improve the lives of cancer patients. Each and every one of us firmly believes that by delivering earlier stage interventions that have curative possibilities, and by championing the development of precision medicines, based on a deep expertise of biological pathways and target biomarkers, we can redefine cancer treatment and, one day, eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
This position is responsible for the oversight, strategic direction, and leadership of the training program supporting the Hematology franchise teams to meet the needs across the US and Global markets. Through the efforts of his/her team members, the Director is expected to lead the supporting training team to develop a well rounded training program that is includes clinical acumen, business acumen, and other skills and capabilities required for success across our customer facing teams. The incumbent will work with sales, brand, medical and other cross functional leaders in the US, ex-US, and across any related Alliance teams to create training and development strategies and ensures alignment with business unit priorities to program objectives. This position is also responsible for collaborating with markets outside the US to ensure access to training programs to meet their needs in both the pre and post launch environments.
- Works directly with internal stakeholders, training managers, US and Global leads to understand current and future learning needs of the business. Responsible for creating the annual training plan that aligns to the BSP and ensures the necessary resources and supports are available to enable the Hematology team to design, develop, and prioritize high-quality impactful learning innovations and experiences.
- Anticipates market changes and ensures that the annual plan is revised and training programs are created to proactively address those changes.
- Able to successfully collaborate across any related Alliance teams to ensure streamlined planning, innovation, and execution of critical training programs to support the brands.
- Establishes strong cross-functional relationships across the product, marketing, and existing internal training teams to develop a scalable global training program for all appropriate commercial teams (sales & nonsales)
- Leads the identification, deployment, and promotion of the most effective and innovative practices across the department; including launches.
- Leads teams to evaluate program metrics as a means of determining training impact in areas for growth and of success.
- Leads team members to achieve a customer-focused and performance-driven culture that supports Innovation, simplification, measurement, and excellence in learning development and delivery.
- Creates synergies across the teams to create cost savings collaboration and to avoid duplication of efforts.
Skills & Competencies:
- Consultative abilities; demonstrated experience identifying internal client needs and making appropriate recommendations for the most effective L&D solutions
- Negotiation abilities; demonstrated experience working with leadership across functions to identify common areas of need and gain consensus on forward strategies that will deliver desired results
- Technical breadth across multiple disease areas; ability to demonstrate aptitude for continued knowledge development
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills to author persuasive communications
- Demonstrated people leadership abilities to include talent selection and coaching team members leading to success in role
- Strong project team management skills; with demonstrated ability to focus on effective procurement and planning of resources and establishing viable project milestones and final deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to assess stakeholder needs, anticipate and resolve functional area challenges
- Working knowledge of information/technology systems that support learning and development initiatives.
- Experience managing vendor partner relationships and leading that partnership to ensure innovative assets are created
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent required
- Minimum of 10 years of a blend of pharmaceutical/biotech/oncology experience required
- Minimum of 3 years of management and/or management related experience required
- Demonstrated vision around innovation in learning and priorities needed for successful commercial learning and selling skills programs
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of Oncology experience with therapeutic area focus preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of Training Experience or other specialized role preferred
- Experience in global markets preferred
- Experience with managing copromotion relationships preferred
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on nondiscrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
#oncology #theplacetOBU #astrazenecacareers
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on the grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.