Director, DNA Damage Response (DDR) Precision Medicine Marketing
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day. Each and every one of us believes that science has the ability to change lives and that to deliver this takes many people with many skill sets. When we deliver a life-changing medicine, that success comes from the combined efforts of all our people.
The Oncology therapy area at AstraZeneca is unparalleled. We have created and strategically acquired one of the most promising Oncology pipelines in the industry. You will be among inspiring oncology industry leaders who will keep you engaged and empower you to be the best. We seek out opportunities to do varied meaningful work which means we won't just follow the same course of action time and again if we can see potential in a different way of creating life changing medicine.
Our vision to tackle cancer is bold - we commit to pushing the boundaries of science to change the practice of medicine, transforming the lives of patients living with cancer, and ultimately eliminating cancer as a cause of death. We, at AstraZeneca, have reinvented ourselves and developed a unique, differentiated strategy to fundamentally shift the way cancer is treated.
Our chemical and biological research engines are amazingly productive. Our development agility and speed are record-setting. Our commercial growth is phenomenal. Our opportunities are endless. And our commitment for patients is boundless.
Our success would not be possible without the incredible team of professionals who work tirelessly to make it happen. Our diversity is our greatest strength. With teams made up of talented people from all walks of life – academia, industry, researchers, physicians, patients, etc. – we are able to harness their unique perspectives to think and act differently.
We enjoy the facilities of a large organization, like unparalleled research capabilities, state of the art technology spanning small molecules to biologics, and a footprint in every region in the world. However, our culture is that of a small venture. We have even created the Oncology Business Unit (OBU), focused on eight key markets, to ensure rapid decision making, laser-focused investments, and quick sharing of best practices. Thus, we keep the agility, and risk-taking culture than enable to lead the fast-moving oncology market.
No matter where our teams are based, we share a collective sense of urgency - to defeat cancer and improve the lives of cancer patients. Each and every one of us firmly believes that by delivering earlier stage interventions that have curative possibilities, and by championing the development of precision medicines, based on a deep expertise of biological pathways and target biomarkers, we can redefine cancer treatment and, one day, eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
Director, DNA Damage Response (DDR) Precision Medicine Marketing
The Director, DDR Precision Medicine Marketing will be responsible for developing our DDR Precision Medicine strategy and leading its execution across all of our US Oncology therapeutic areas. The Director, DDR Precision Medicine Marketing collaborates with cross-functional leadership and leads the DDR Marketing team to inform companion diagnostic (CDx) development and lifecycle management strategies, formulate CDx launch plans and diagnostic manufacturer collaborations, and deliver practice changing precision medicine as well as operational innovation tools to health systems’ multi-disciplinary provider teams to enable optimal patient identification and treatment across the patient journey.
- Lead a team of marketers for Precision Medicine, across DDR tumor types.
- Direct the development and execution the US diagnostic strategy and tactics to support patient identification/treatment eligibility for various solid tumors and their associated indications
- Work closely with the cross-functional US Brand team and Global Diagnostic team as well as Precision Medicine and Biosamples partners to align strategies, tactics and lifecycle planning (including activities such as market needs, approval timelines, launch strategy, messaging, customer segmentation, and medical conferences)
- Establish strong ways of working with Brand/Cross functional teams for self and team
- Collaborate with companion diagnostic or pharmaceutical partners on launch planning and implementation
- Support in-market companion diagnostics to drive patient identification for AZ therapies; identify opportunities for collaboration with Lab Developed Test (LDT) manufacturers to further advance diagnostic testing
- Assess and identify issues and develop tactical options to remove/minimize barriers to testing through collaborative partnerships with diagnostic companies, lab networks and health systems
- Identify system level barriers and develop mitigation plan in partnership with Account Directors/Sales Management to assess and identify challenges related to our priority tumors / indications
- Support engagement with precision medicine professional societies to understand the broader Oncology landscape, assess, identify and act on opportunities and challenges through partnerships
- Identify and develop Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) advocates and influencers that will help drive Precision Medicine at the health system level
- Strategically implement unbranded speaker programs and KOL round tables at the national level
- Monitor diagnostic testing competitive environment and market trends
- Manage and lead team to coordinate activities and marketing efforts across multiple product launches and measure impact through non-sales qualitative and quantitative measures of performance
- Coach and develop a talented team of marketers to maximize their contribution and growth potential
- Manage budget and promote effective utilization of resources
- Adhere to internal standard processes and comply with regulatory and compliance requirements
- Requires approximately 20% domestic and international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 5+ years of marketing experience; preferably in (Companion) Diagnostic marketing or pharmaceutical product marketing
- Strong clinical acumen
- Experience leading teams working in diverse disease areas and biomarkers
- Experience leading the development of Annual Marketing Plan, Launch Plan, Cross Brand initiatives
- Experience negotiating and establishing clear ways of working with Brand and Cross functional teams
- Experience leading leadership reviews, critical thinking and delivering unique insights/perspectives
- Independent thinker and comfortable pushing back to Brand/Global/PMB if needed
- Ability to work under pressure and across multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously
- Strategic thinker, leader, trusted manager, team player and good communicator
- Experience developing and coaching team to establish their own unique identity, skill set and expertise
Preferred Experience and Capabilities:
- Advanced degree in business, life sciences, medical, or pharmacy
- Ability to lead and influence through change; make decisions in ambiguity
- Ability to engage, motivate and lead cross functional teams; strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Launch experience of oncology diagnostics, anatomical or molecular diagnostic products and/or therapeutic marketing
- Understanding of clinical laboratory testing which includes test sample journey, diagnostic technologies and potential technical issues
- Anticipates obstacles and provides solutions to resolve in a timely manner
- Proven experience with a broad base of external customers including patients, payors, HCPs (specifically pathologists)
- Proven track record of developing compelling business cases
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long-term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Proven demonstration of effective cross-functional project team leadership
- Experience navigating lab/Dx partners and establishing ways of working with them
- Experience with broader US oncology market landscape and stakeholders (healthcare ecosystem, patient advocacy groups, professional societies, patient advocacy groups, payers, etc.)
Next Steps -- Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.