Associate Director, Oncology Marketing
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial,
thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of
science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we
think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
As Associate Director, Oncology Marketing, LYNPARZA, you will play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing the lives of people with cancer. Our US Commercial Oncology organization represents the 'face' of AstraZeneca’s oncology organization to our many healthcare clients in the US. They represent many of the most well recognized and respected products in the industry, and build strong relationships with healthcare professionals. AstraZeneca has a deep-rooted heritage in Oncology and offers a quickly-growing portfolio of new medicines that has the potential to transform patients’ lives and the Company’s future. By harnessing the power of four scientific platforms - Immuno-Oncology, Tumor Drivers and Resistance,
DNA Damage Response and Antibody Drug Conjugates - and by championing the development of
personalized combinations, AstraZeneca has the vision to redefine cancer treatment and one day
eliminate cancer as a cause of death.
The Associate Director, Oncology Marketing, LYNPARZA, is accountable for the prostate cancer indication marketing in the US, in close collaboration with the Merck team. As the flagship brand in the DNA Damage Response Franchise, LYNPARZA is a key medicine in the AstraZeneca oncology portfolio; the prostate cancer indication represents a significant commercial opportunity with potential for new indication launches in the future. You will be charged with developing and executing upon a robust commercial strategy for LYNPARZA in prostate cancer and collaborating effectively with key cross-functional partners and the Merck team.
This position is based at our Gaithersburg, MD campus, headquarters for our US Oncology and the Oncology Business Unit.
- In collaboration with the Merck team, develops, evaluates and evolves LYNPARZA brand strategy for prostate cancer, including building a brand strategy plan, launch plan and competitive readiness plans.
- Partners with Merck on prostate cancer strategy and operational planning
- Collaborates closely and provides direction to cross-functional groups (e.g. Insights, Access, Medical, Sales, Training, Regulatory) for the development and implementation of both strategic and operational plans
- Accountable for engaging with the Global Prostate Cancer team to ensure alignment and share learnings across markets.
- Monitors brand performance and provide input into forecasting
- Develops and delivers key brand presentations on LYNPARZA in Prostate Cancer to leadership and to the DDR field organization.
- Develops and manages Prostate tumor commercial budget
- Leads input into business reviews
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field
- Successful experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: managed markets, brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, strategic planning
- Prior in-line HCP marketing experience
- MBA in relevant field
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Understanding of U.S. Oncology landscape including Community oncology and Hospital oncology dynamics, GPOs, Payer landscape, Specialty Pharmacy stakeholders
- In-depth Marketing experience (developing brand strategy, performing positioning/messaging/segmentation/targeting, managing ad agency, providing direction on annual budget planning)
- Experience across multiple promotional channels (Personal, Non-Personal and Digital, Patient marketing)
- Experience working in ‘commercial alliance/partnership’ environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex constructs
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Demonstrated ability to work in matrixed environment and to work with Global team
- Strong business acumen skills
- Ability to lead without authority
- High capability at working collaboratively, thinking strategically and operating effectively in a rapidly evolving and competitive market place
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
Where can I find out more?
- Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.