Material Handler II/III-Day Shift-Operations
At AstraZeneca we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
Our Frederick facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements. The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick, and Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019.
As a Material Handler II/III-Day Shift in the Supply Chain team at Frederick, MD, you’ll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
This is an 8 hours-day shift role.
What you’ll do:
The Material Handler II/III will be responsible for:
- GMP, Receiving, Inspection and put away
- Raw Material sampling and Raman use as well as LIMS data entry, reviews and approvals.
- Retain Management and cycle counting. Coordinates processing of rejected materials with QA and Warehouse
- Trained on handling hazardous materials. Certified on Forklift Operation, log books reviews and area SAFE inspections
- Provide support as needed for different projects as well as input and guidance.
- Ensure controlled material issues are addressed and the proper departments notified while capturing and reporting metrics
- Sampling/LIMS/SME and GMP receiving SME. Coordinate and evaluate additional sample requests.
Essential for the role:
- Driver’s license is required.
- High school diploma, some college course work in Business, Life sciences
- Ability to prioritize work requirements; well organized with good time management skills, and a strong sense of responsibility.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, EXCEL and Word a plus.
- Experience using SAP is a plus.
- 2-5 years of warehouse or supply chain logistics experience desired.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can’t wait to hear from you!
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be an excellent fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.