Associate Scientist II
Associate Scientist II -18 Month FTC
Salary & Benefits Competitive
Make a more meaningful impact to patients’ lives around the globe
Here you’ll have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference to patients’ lives. With science at its heart, this is the place where breakthroughs born in the lab become transformative medicines – for the world’s most complex diseases. Answer unmet medical needs by pioneering the next wave of science, focusing on outcomes and shaping the patient ecosystem.
The jobholder will be part of a team responsible for the development of high-yielding mammalian cell culture and bioreactor processes, suitable for clinical manufacturing and supply of therapeutic proteins for clinical trials. You will play a meaningful role in supporting the activities of the teams for both new and existing candidate drug projects.
Our values guide everything we do at AstraZeneca. They power our belief in What Science Can Do – a belief in its potential to redefine what’s possible.
- Supporting AZ pipeline projects: Craft and perform cell culture and bioreactor experiments to enable process definition. Analyse data, write reports and facilitate technology transfer to cGMP production
- Identify, develop and implement innovations, perhaps through evaluating new technology. Communicating work to both internal and external partners
- Contribute to cell culture automation as well as process and scale-up/down modelling
- Experience of computer-based coding/scripting to develop automation and models would be an advantage
- Liaising with colleagues to apply developments to future projects
- A passion for continuous improvement and technology development
- Implementation and promotion of AstraZeneca' Safety, Health and Environment practices
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in biological sciences or chemical/biochemical engineering with relevant practical lab experience or PhD in biological sciences or chemical/biochemical engineering
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and protein expression in an industrial or academic environment
- Experience with bioreactor systems for mammalian cell suspension cell culture
- Knowledge of media and process development
- Cell metabolism/biochemistry
- Cell culture automation and process integration
- Continuous bioprocessing expertise
- Shows initiative and creativity
- Good communicator and great teammate
- Excellent scientific methodology
- High level of attention to detail
Bring out the best in each other, and yourself, by working together as one
So, what’s next?
Complete your application before the below closing date.
This role is open from 12 April 2021 we welcome with your application no later than 10 May 2021
Where can I find out more?
Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
If you have site, country or departmental social media then feel free to switch any of the above links.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.