Medical Science Liaison Inhalers (Liguria, Piemonte, Toscana, Umbria, Val d’Aosta)
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As a Medical Science Liaison Inhalers(Liguria, Piemonte, Toscana, Umbria, Val d’Aosta), you will play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients’ lives.
Recent developments in the understanding of respiratory disease pathways mean that we are entering an era of unprecedented potential to deliver scientific breakthroughs and transform the lives of people with respiratory diseases. Our 40-year heritage in respiratory science is just the beginning of our story.
As Medical Science Liaison Inhalers(Liguria, Piemonte, Toscana, Umbria, Val d’Aosta), you will be responsible for being the first point of contact for any medical/scientific aspect or issue related to the assigned products/TA by engaging in Scientific Exchange with AstraZeneca teams, Key External Experts, Health Care Professionals, and Clinical Investigators. You will engage with external experts to identify medical unmet needs, evidence gaps and gain insight, and deliver presentations in a non-promotional scientific context as determined by global / local Medical Affairs plans.
If you’re inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do – join us.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The role broadly includes the following key components:
- Support the Field Force in its relationship with medical target groups through a continuous updating on therapeutic aspects related to the relevant pathology and/or products (in cooperation with the Training Department).
- Provide medical input to Competitive Intelligence Department, including critical review of competitor data/scientific material.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Key External Experts of the assigned territory, and represent the main contact for any scientific/medical aspect.
- Identify local medical needs and define a Local Scientific Plan (LSP), according to the Italian and HQ strategies and policies, to be integrated into the local business plan.
- Provide input and support to Medical Advisors/Medical Lead and Clinical Operations Team in sites selection and feasibility assessment for national/international trials, and in the management of potential issues related to the implementation and conduct of international/national trials.
- Collect and discuss with Investigators the proposal for independent studies (ESR Externally Sponsored Research) in the assigned territory and, according to SOP, fill in the relevant forms for the company’s evaluation and discussion.
- Build partnership with Area/Field Manager to implement the LSP through regular contacts and team meetings.
- Develop and maintain contacts with Scientific Societies/Communities.
- Maintain regular contacts and support the Regional Access Managers (RAM) and the Local Access Managers (LAM) in the assigned territory to ensure alignment of Local Scientific Plans with regional plans through: relationships/scientific projects with regional Health Authorities and management of scientific issues related to the introduction of Company’s drugs into local formularies, respectively.
- Other Activities:
- Provide support to the Field Force to guarantee high quality scientific standards in the relevant activities [e.g: planning organization and participation at regional scientific events (e.g. symposia and/or lectures during congresses for medical targets, etc.)].
- Support the Medical Advisers/Medical Lead and Patient Safety Department in the management of AEs (e.g collection of follow-up information).
- To manage medical information requests
- Act as country delegate for assigned GMT activities (active participation and support as needed)
- Manage all activities and Account relationship according with Company Values, Code of Conduct, Guidelines/Internal procedures and Italian legislation.
- Scientific Degree
- Knowledge of the Respiratory Therapeutical Area
- Experience related to the Respiratory TA within the pharmaceutical industry, preferably as high performing MSL or high performing experience within Medical Affairs
- Fundamental knowledge of basic research, drug discovery, drug development, clinical environment
- Knowledge of the local regulatory requirements related to medical affairs activities
- Experience in product launch preparation and execution
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Project management experience
- Extensive experience in relationship and stakeholder management experience
- Communication skills, including communicating complex technical, scientific, or medical information
- Ability to work in team
- Networking and influencing skills
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Willingness to be part of international teams
- Domicile in the working area
- Medical Degree
- Qualified Doctor in the relevant TA
- PhD in the relevant TA
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application!
The recruitment team will evaluate your profile (qualifications, skills and experience), and review your CV to determine whether your skills and experience match the job profile.
Only shortlisted candidates matching the job profile will be contacted for an interview. If you are recently being involved into a recruitment process for a similar professional role within our Company, we will evaluate our previous feedback to arrange an interview.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.