Europe/Canada Regional Commercial Director, Respiratory
We need great people who share our passion for science and have the drive and determination to meet the unmet needs of patients around the world. If you’re swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you’re our kind of person. We bring new kinds of teams together across business areas and geographies, to pursue discoveries beyond imagining.
We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
We’re stronger because of our network of teams across the globe. We’re constantly learning and developing through the collaboration and communication between our people and a wide field of experts.
As Regional Commercial Director Respiratory you are responsible for planning and leading the TA commercial operations for Europe and Canada Commercial consistent with global guidelines from the TA Brand Lead.
You will be responsible for the implementation of the TA marketing strategies and promotional programmes for Europe and Canada in collaboration with Global TA teams and local teams (marketing and sales). This position plays a pivotal role in setting all Respiratory TA strategy and tactics to maximise growth for the Respiratory portfolio for EU 6 large markets (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Canada) and areas (Nordic-Baltics, Western/ Southern Europe, Central & Eastern Europe).
1. Influences Global strategies and priorities to ensure they met the EUCAN Region needs. Provides a single voice for EUCAN within the prioritised Global Brand Teams and Global Capability Teams
- Ensure and share consolidated EU CAN perspective as appropriate to shape EU CAN priorities and direction for must win brands/portfolio based on insight from prioritised countries.
- Champion EU CAN needs with global teams, influence global strategy and deliverables for the benefit of Europe and Canada and act as active member of GBT for must-win brands
2. Supports Global strategy implementation into the EUCAN markets for Respiratory TA
- Define the Respiratory priorities for EU CAN in collaboration with EU CAN LT, Medical and P&MA, with clarity on MC expectations and ensure prioritised countries have appropriate (& globally aligned) strategies and plans in place that are being executed effectively
- Ensure timely one - way communication to all EU CAN countries on global/ EU CAN strategies and deliverables for must win brands
3. Develop Respiratory TA network & enable best practice sharing
- Facilitate best practice on brand plan development for priority countries (e.g. brand jams)
- Develop and lead a TA specific BUD network to ensure strong foundation for best practice sharing and collaborative issue resolution
4. Owns the above market capability building agenda for Respiratory
- Define and deliver regional commercial plan to address EU CAN priorities including above country initiatives for capability development, partnering with Commercial Excellence Director
- Strong 1:1 business partnering with the BuDs/CPs to provide support in finding solutions to emerging business needs
5. Co-accountable for the EUCAN Respiratory revenue targets and core LEX metrics
- Partner with BUDs/ CPs from priority markets to challenge and support maximizing the potential of the relevant brands in priority markets
- Ensure MC launch readiness for future must win products in prioritised countries
- Define performance monitoring frameworks and metrics for Respiratory and ensure that clear, consistent and appropriate brand KPIs are in place and utilised across all MCs
- Provide input into regional level QBRs and an informed view on core assumptions to support core financial planning exercises (RBUx)
6. Leads and coach members of EU CAN Regional Respiratory team to help them deliver in role and develop the required capabilities
- Identify key talent within the Respiratory TA network and ensure appropriate development/management through secondments/STAs
- Effectively manage any secondees /individuals on STA with appropriate direction/support
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant subject area
- Considerable pharmaceutical experience
- Considerable sales and marketing experience in local and regional/ global environment
- Strong TA expertise
- Experience as a CP in a medium market or BUD large market
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead in a complex matrix organisation through influence and leadership
- Comprehensive understanding of sales and distribution channels of pharmaceutical products in European markets
- MBA in marketing or another relevant field
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.