Solution Architect - Early Science
At AstraZeneca we push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.
In 2018 Forbes rated us the No1 globally for innovation in pharmaceuticals. If you want to be part of an innovative organisation, with an ambition and capability to make a meaningful difference to patients' lives then come and talk to us.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, bold thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an extraordinary place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
What you'll be doing:
You'll work in Science IT. In the era of digital health, AI and big data, IT is a groundbreaking partner in making digital R&D a reality. Data underpins everything we do in science and making that data accessible, interoperable and reusable to improve insight and decision-making is a vital IT capability and will be a major focus area for you.
As a solution architect in Science IT, you'll be designing solutions that will form a part of our foundational data platform for science, aligned to AstraZeneca’s data science and AI strategy. You'll be providing the architectural leadership to craft requirements and opportunities into well-architected solutions across cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
You will identify opportunities for innovation in your delivery, bringing to bear new technologies and methodology best practices externally and internally. You will work closely with colleagues across the wider IT organisation, including business analysts, data engineers and data scientists, as well as commercial software suppliers.
As a solution architect, you will be responsible for ensuring that the solutions you help deliver form an integral part of the global IT estate and align with the wider Enterprise reference architecture and domain roadmaps. You will need to be a good communicator and have a collaborative delivery approach.
If you have a real passion for designing and delivering well-architected solutions that will unlock the value of data across science, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for.
Example Areas of Focus include:
- Supporting the architecture direction and solution delivery for data ingestion and storage to improve reuse, ensuring optimal dataflow and processes both on premise and in the cloud.
- Working with external partners in the delivery of reciprocal solutions that support standard methodology data management whilst ensuring architectural standards are maintained
- Delivery of the platform components to enable a robust data architecture [Data Catalogue; Reference Data Management; Master Data Management]
- Collaborate with the Information Architecture capability to incorporate best practice information management into upfront solution design
- Advise and support the IT Lead and business relationship managers on all aspects of architecture delivery aligned to strategic roadmaps
A bit about you:
- You'll be an architect first. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience with a range of infrastructures and technology stacks needed to support global solutions
- Experience of designing/developing innovative solutions, blueprints, and standards for solution design.
- Hands-on experience with AWS cloud technologies
- Practical experience in agile delivery of complex IT projects, including interpretation of the non-functional requirements associated with successful implementation
- Knowledge of current and new technologies and their applicability to the Science domain.
- We expect people to build strong domain (science) and technology (IT) skills and we need architects who can focus on and deliver value in the R&D domain. Ideally the Solution Architect will have:
- A deep understanding of the Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Knowledge of the types of technical solutions employed and the associated data utilized in drug discovery (from initial Target identification through to Clinical Trials)
- Understanding of the high-level business processes/workflows and associated dataflow across the R&D domain
Next Steps – Apply today!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.