Product Analyst - (OFR0136)
At AstraZeneca, we lead our industry in our development of a strong and varied pipeline. This means our people are here to win, we give you a breadth of opportunities to be curious and do cutting edge, unique work that has big impact on science and medicine. We explore innovations and confront challenges that others won't, in order to have a greater impact on patients' lives.
AstraZeneca’s Digital Health R&D and IT functions partner closely with a common goal of spectacularly improving patient experience and outcomes. We are contributing to the transformation of healthcare, re-setting expectations on how to augment patient outcomes by using digital health solutions in combination with life-changing treatments. This is a strategic priority that we are scaling rapidly from a significant number of pilots in the last 5 years. AstraZeneca would like to leap frog in this area and has prioritized digital in R&D as a critical strategic area of focus by 2025, as part of the overall company strategy. We seek strong talent to join our teams in delivering on this ambition!
The Digital Health R&D journey incorporates 3 key stages:
- Stage 1 – foundational, reimagining how we work, by maximizing the use of digital, data and analytics to transform processes within R&D – delivering significant benefits on speed of portfolio delivery (goal of 9 months acceleration) productivity (goal of 20% reduction in cost per patient per year), quality at source, patient experience and probability of success.
- Stage 2 – advanced, redefining clinical trials and digital health to improve overall patient experiences and outcomes, such as redefining patient populations, conducting remote clinical trials, developing patient apps to reduce/lead adverse events and improve patient outcomes (Overall Survival), using data from EMR/EHR and RWD instead of control arms, conduct continuous patient monitoring through PROs, and creating new end points enabling studies in earlier stages of disease (ctDNA changes).
- Stage 3 – future-readiness, reimagining healthcare, such as AZ as a healthcare provider beyond medicines for certain indications (example: Breast Cancer, providing monitoring, predictive analytics and therapies for improved outcomes), full integration of Multiomics (imaging, genomics, proteomics …) to better predict and significantly improve patients’ health
The Product Analyst will help enable efforts across the Digital Health R&D space focused on all three stages of our digital journey. This role is responsible for driving great product development for one or several internal and external digital products. You’ll partner with Product Owners to define features, map flows, and translate learning into a roadmap and backlog the team can work from to build great products. You’ll develop a deep understanding of the business needs, process pain points, and needs of the audience(s) you’re building for. The role combines an empathy for the needs of people, a systems-thinking approach, and a passion for building usable and useful experiences.
Come join our team in pushing the boundaries of science and technology to transform the lives of patients living with cancer, and ultimately eliminating cancer as a cause of death.
In this role, you’ll work with product owners, design and discovery leads, and engineering partners across several teams who are working collaboratively as part of our R&D IT team.
Typical accountabilities of this role include:
- Building domain knowledge by aligning with the business and developing a deep understanding of how ‘it’ works (for individuals, at AstraZeneca, and in the industry)
- Assisting teams in fully exploring the problem space, framing opportunities, and focusing on outcomes and delivered value (not just solutions)
- Helping to build and share a product strategy, telling a story to all levels of the organization (including executives)
- Assisting with planning and facilitating workshops and co-design sessions to help get teams unstuck, challenge their thinking, and learn innovative approaches to solving challenges
- Driving toward innovative solutions within platform constraints and technical limitations
- Knowing how it’s all connected to ensure we solve sophisticated business problems tied to existing technology and systems.
- Drives feature definition by facilitating flow mapping sessions
- Assisting the product owner by building out, prioritizing, and refining a product backlog
- Facilitates journey mapping and service blueprinting to build a deep understanding of the business needs, process pain points, and needs of the audience the product is being built to support.
- Develops an intimate knowledge of audience needs, pain points, and task flows
- Ensures product definition is aligned with business drivers and key results
- Partners with Design and Development leads to build an exchanged opinions across the team
- Shares product knowledge and information across the product team (acts as the connective tissue of the team)
- Spends time helping to facilitate workshops and discovery sessions to uncover business needs
- Is a specialist in Miro and other tools for team collaboration and collecting ideas and decisions
- Helps drive discovery and collect findings in a way that the entire team can demonstrate in the future
- Drives informed decision-making and alignment to keep product development moving smoothly
- Collects team knowledge and decisions in a way that’s easily discovered and useful for the entire team.
- Focuses less on process and more on shared practice and principles for how significant work gets done
Education, Qualifications and Experience
- A proven track record of helping deliver products people use
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
- Strong ability to conceptualize and communicate thoughts and ideas (presenting, storytelling, etc.)
- Strong experience with current discovery and product management tools (Miro, Jira, Dovetail, GLIDR, Lookback, Typeform, FullStory, etc)
- Undergraduate level education in a related degree (UX, Psychology, Business,, etc)
- Experience in the pharma or healthcare industry
- Experience working across diverse, global teams
Skills and Capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including presenting to senior partners
- Expertise in planning and problem solving and able to resolve issues of a highly sophisticated and strategic nature
- Ability to relate and respond to business needs in an IT environment
- An ability to zoom in and out from the details up to 30,000 feet and see a problem from new directions/dimension
- Share and seek feedback early and often
- Be divergent. Don’t fall in love with your first idea.
- Stay current on technology trends and standard methodologies
- Use data as a key element for decision-making and learning
- Ability to work well in and across diverse global teams
- Ability to partner and work in a matrix organisation
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.