Director, Supply Chain Management
Director, Supply Chain Planning Frederick, MD- Global Operations
Would you like to apply your expertise to impact the Supply Chain Planning in a company that follows the science and turns ideas into life changing medicines? Then AstraZeneca might be the one for you!
At AstraZeneca, we continuously forge partnerships that help pursue extraordinary medicines in new ways, combining our people’s outstanding skills with those of people from all over the globe. Working here means being results-oriented, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We’re passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new insights to life. With 30 production facilities in 18 countries we’re passionate about supplying our medicines with care, quality and efficiency, reducing the time from lab to patient. Come and thrive in our vibrant, energizing, connected and encouraging culture and make a real difference to patients. Hear from our Senior Leaders about why they know AstraZeneca is a great place to work. https://lnkd.in/g8APibK
Our Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC) creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. This biologics manufacturing facility makes a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. It’s challenging but highly rewarding work, involves more than 675 hardworking people throughout the manufacturing lifecycle and supporting office functions. We work hard to deliver life-changing medicines to patients, and we take time to have fun and celebrate our accomplishments. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements.
The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to creating a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group devoted to promoting diversity and inclusion and enhancing employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are committed to continuous learning and offer ongoing skill building and training for our staff and encourage additional secondary schooling with tuition reimbursement of 100% up to $10,000 each year. The FMC is also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick and awarded Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019. Come join our award-wining team and support the manufacture of life-changing medicines for patients across the world.
Reporting to the Vice President and General Manager, you’ll manage supply chain operations in support of large and medium scale mammalian cell culture facilities. This includes responsibility for Strategic Planning, Sourcing, Procurement, Production Planning and Logistics functions. The Director of Supply Chain Planning will form part of the site leadership team and manage over 25 employees.
What you’ll do:
- Ensure planning is executed through stratified processes over appropriate planning horizons. Liaise with appropriate corporate groups in Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process. Liaise with appropriate customer functions in the same.
- Collaborate on Master Production Schedule (MPS) and manage Campaign Schedule to drive delivery of product requirements and all related activity at the site.
- Optimize capacity utilization through contributions to facility fit decisions and long-term campaign planning. Collaborate with multiple corporate functions on the same.
- Realize cost savings through establishment and execution of aggressive sourcing and procurement strategies and activities. Work with Finance to define and implement required controlling capability for FMC through capacity utilization ramp.
- Establish and maintain a stable supply of all direct, indirect and MRO materials required to operate the site.
- Drive identification of long-term strategies to minimize cost of goods manufactured (COGM) at the site and support operational excellence at the site through supply chain functions.
Essential for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering or other relevant field. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Minimum of 15 years of progressive supply chain planning in Pharma, Drug Substance of Biologics.
- Exceptional leadership skills with ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt their style and approach as needed.
- Excellent project management skills. Validated experience to be able to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills. Ability to work seamlessly with various levels of partners.
- Superior analytical, mathematical and problem solving with a variety of variables where limited information may be available.
- Proficiency with ERP Systems and MS Office. SAP a plus.
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial -finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening new ways to work, groundbreaking cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
So, what’s next!
Are you ready to bring new insights and fresh thinking to the table? Wonderful! We have one seat available and we hope it’s yours.
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.