Associate Director, Production & Planning (BioPharma Manufacturing) - Operations
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people’s exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe.
As the Associate Director, Production and Planning, you will be responsible for the Production Planning and Scheduling functions at the Frederick Manufacturing Center (FMC). This role will lead a team, ensuring execution of Production Planning and Production Activity Control processes, and ensure successful execution of the Master Production Schedule (MPS). This role reports directly to the Director, Supply Chain and Operations Strategy at FMC.
Our Frederick facility creates life-changing medicines for people around the world. We make a direct contribution to treating people with cancer, respiratory and autoimmune conditions across the globe. From catered site festivities to competitive events, community outreach activities, environmental and wellness showcases and team-building events, we take time to recognize our achievements.
The Frederick Manufacturing Center is dedicated to crafting a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We host yearly Inclusion and Diversity conferences and have an employee resource group committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and improving employees' professional development through interactive and engaging events and initiatives. We are also an award-winning employer and has been recognized as a ‘Top 50’ Business in Frederick, and Frederick County’s ‘Best Place to Work’ distinction in 2015 and 2019.
- Responsible for development and implementation of Production Planning and Scheduling organization to support existing large-scale commercial/clinical manufacturing facility, small-scale clinical manufacturing facility, and logistics center.
- Coordination of manufacturing activities with all supporting functions at the site. In addition to other Supply Chain Operations functions, liaises with Manufacturing, Quality, Finance, Project Management and Manufacturing Sciences and Technology.
- Oversees creation and maintenance of master data in SAP and APO, including bills of materials (BOMs), master recipes, material masters, and resources. Drives maximum utilization of enterprise software in Production Planning, Scheduling and related processes at the site.
- Ensures on-time availability and deployment of material through planning, scheduling and replenishment strategies, and by taking appropriate actions to prevent supply disruptions. Understands and utilizes appropriate lot sizing rules to minimize costs associated with material procurement, receipt, release and handling.
- Responsible for maximizing inventory turns, while minimizing inventory valuation and scrap. Manages introduction and obsolescence of materials throughout product life cycle. Positively impacts cash flow and cost of goods by maintaining a high level of costing accuracy, supporting the order execution process and aggressively managing inventories.
- Responsible for developing and implementing metrics and dashboard(s) to measure performance of Production Planning and Scheduling processes.
- Works proactively to optimize processes through creative solutions, acting alone and/or on teams. Must be able to negotiate and implement lean processes while maintaining relationships with customers in other functional groups. Must be organized, possess time management skills, have the ability to deal with ambiguity and be able to manage changing priorities. Leads, motivates, and develops direct reports and peers.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects.
- Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Life Sciences, Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of proven experience in Planning, Supply Chain and Project Management
- 5+ years of leadership and supervisory experience
- Background in Pharma, Biopharma, Healthcare or similar industry
- APICS certifications a plus
- Experience with lean sigma or other operational excellence methodologies
- Masters degree desirable
Next Steps – Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience – it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them!
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.