Data Science and AI Project Manager
Data Science and AI Project Manager
Cambridge, Gaithersburg, Gothenburg
Salary & Benefits Competitive
At AstraZeneca, we’re not afraid to do things differently. We’re building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we’re opening up new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together!
We are recruiting for a talented Data Science & AI Project Manager who can lead projects from initiation to implementation within agreed constraints of time, budget and quality. You will be responsible for both people and budget. Shape solutions and ensure that business requirements are effectively captured and have a good knowledge of different supplier solutions that could support the project. You will also be responsible for risk management, benefits & value management, and as appropriate resolve or escalate identified risks and issues. You will help ensure that project teams adopt quality and compliance standards, policies and procedures, and supports project assurance activities.
Key elements of this role include having the experience and ability to drive projects forward, bringing various team members along with you to be effective in project completion. You must have a flexible approach and feel comfortable working on both large projects and several smaller projects. Another key element is strong communication skills and an ability to communicate with partners and stakeholders of varying levels across the business.
• Accountable for the delivery of projects/programmes on time and on budget for DS&AI
• Agree project plans including activities, resources, costs, roles, responsibilities and quality assurance.
• Follows project work plans and recommends revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project
• Manages relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure business requirements are effectively captured and committed to project objectives
• Ensures that impact and changes resulting from projects/programmes are effectively communicated to the business
• Builds and leads project teams, communicating roles and responsibilities whilst encouraging teamwork and collaboration amongst the team and business stakeholders
• Effectively applies AZ methodology and enforces project standards
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately
• Builds project/programme improvement plans and ensures that project teams provide input
• Resolves quality and compliance risks and issues, and when appropriate, escalate to Lead Project Manager
• Manages Steering Group expectations
Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
• Life Science degree or Business degree
• Experience of managing projects/programmes
• Experience of managing multiple projects at the same time
• Well-developed organisational and interpersonal skills
• Experience of working for Data Science and AI projects
• Experience in Agile Management
• Professional Project Management qualifications (PMP, Prince2)
• Experience of working in a global organisation with complex/geographical context
• Experience of managing ambiguity whilst navigating through it
• Experience of working with third party suppliers
• Experience of working application of policies, procedures and guidelines
• Agile qualifications (e.g.: SAFe product Owner, Product manager, Scrum master)
• Expertise in Agile Management
• Expertise in Data Science
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.